Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2004, 05:16 AM

Default Re: Barry Greenstein set to come out with a book

I, for one, can not wait to get my hands on this book.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Barry's not looking to cash in, why not just publish this as installments in the upcoming online magazine? 150 pages isn't that many so I'd think this would be feasible.

[/ QUOTE ]
No comment on my idea, Barry? Oh well, it was worth a try. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2004, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As a side note (and a tease for you all), I gave the play examples to Toby Maguire and he won his next tournament. I gave the book to Tuan Le and he won the Foxwoods WPT. Tuan then passed it on to his friend Nam Le. Nam won a tournament at the Commerce and was one of the leaders with 50 player left at the WPT at the Bellagio before his Aces got cracked. Nam was still in with over 200,000 in chips last I heard. (Thursday 5:00)

Barry

[/ QUOTE ]

The Holy Grail of Poker!! May I please touch the book before my next tournament?

In all seriousness, I'm with the others -- greatly looking forward to this book.
Old 12-18-2004, 04:21 AM

what would i have to do or pay to get an advanced copy of this book? i am not kidding. i can't wait til june.
so many reasons i am more looking forward to this book than any other book i've read. sounds like the first book for advanced players that has been written, which is very much needed.

Randy
Old 12-23-2004, 10:36 AM

Default Re: Barry Greenstein book going to change the game of poker

Barry sounds like you written something I have been looking for. I am willing to pay almost any price for it!!

TheArtist
Old 12-23-2004, 11:48 AM

Jake, I don't know Barry (or his exact financial situation) but suffice it to say from what I understand, the money he has vs. the money that he would get via royalties from a book would be absolutely meaningless to his life and lifestyle. A man who donates millions to charity won't be running to his mailbox every six months looking for that next royalty check for X thousand.

So let's assume the reason that he wants to publish his book isn't financial, but rather that having your work in an actual book form is, well, cool -- versus random words on the 'net that aren't as accessible, tangible, or permanent.

I love the internet -- most of you probably do as well -- but his kids going to school maybe would rather to show off the book their dad wrote vs. the series of articles his dad wrote.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
Old 12-23-2004, 12:12 PM

I doubt I will ever play at this level, and yet I would buy this book for the "wow" value alone. I think Cardoza is wrong. It would be like the TOP on steroids.
Old 12-23-2004, 01:41 PM

It's likely that publishing this book will cost Barry much more than he stands to gain.

Bring it on!
Old 12-23-2004, 02:00 PM

They don't call him the Robin Hood of Poker for nothing.
Old 12-23-2004, 02:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jake, I don't know Barry (or his exact financial situation) but suffice it to say from what I understand, the money he has vs. the money that he would get via royalties from a book would be absolutely meaningless to his life and lifestyle. A man who donates millions to charity won't be running to his mailbox every six months looking for that next royalty check for X thousand.

So let's assume the reason that he wants to publish his book isn't financial, but rather that having your work in an actual book form is, well, cool -- versus random words on the 'net that aren't as accessible, tangible, or permanent.

I love the internet -- most of you probably do as well -- but his kids going to school maybe would rather to show off the book their dad wrote vs. the series of articles his dad wrote.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com

[/ QUOTE ]
Book Link