Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2004, 08:05 PM

Default Re: 30/60 PT Stats

Regarding short handed or close to short handed, I do not play SH games. If it gets below 7 people, I sit out. I do not feel comfortable playing SH, especially at this level.

RE: Aggressiveness. I'm surprised to see some people say that I am not as aggressive as I should be, as most of the time i feel like I'm one of the more aggressive players in the game, although my aggressiveness certienly gets less as the hand develops.

I also agree that I should probably fold on the turn more often. A leak of mine is calling through to the river. And rarely does putting a move on at the river gain a pot.

So aside from trying to whittle down the VP$IP, what else should I be targeting.

Nick
Old 12-17-2004, 12:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe I misunderstood. What does BB/100 mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an earn rate. Big bets per 100 hands.

- Andrew

www.pokerstove.com
Old 12-17-2004, 06:59 AM

Your folded to river bet is awfully high. I know for sure if I were tracking you in PT and I saw that stat, I would start taking shots at you on the end.
Old 12-17-2004, 07:01 AM

p.s. I like your cat.
Old 12-17-2004, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The best stable BB/100 rate I have for another player (85K hands) is for someone who plays over 36% of his hands overall. This was for the Paradise 20/40 game, and he literally crushed the game.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This player must be playing short handed. I find it hard to believe that anyone can beat a full table limit game playing 36% of the hands dealt.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think when you consider that 85000 is just not THAT many hands, the biggest winner found by datamining would be way too loose.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:29 AM

Hmm. My folded to river bet is almost as high (42%).

It sure feels as though I'm picking off enough bluffs and that I pay off enough suck outs. What do you feel is an ideal number for this stat in the Part 15 game?

I don't get where I'm folding when I shouldn't. If/when I get to the river, I'll usually have a hand that I pay off with, or a busted draw which I fold. I don't play an excessive amount of drawing hands, and I don't chase with 2nd and 3rd pair alot. So do you think it's possible that this stat is more an indication of average strength of hands at the river, rather than paying off or folding too often? I'm doing pretty good in these games, but I do know a guy who does better and his is at 33%.
Old 12-17-2004, 11:42 AM

Default One other thing..

Another stat that boggles my mind is W$atSD. Mine is high (around 60%). I know someone who does very well who's is at less than 53%. I know you don't want this number too high as it would likely indicate you are folding too often on the end. Does this mean I need to find more places to pay off? His W$WSF is also at 40%. I've never been able to mine this high (I'm less than 37%). Clearly, I'm not as tenacious as I should be. The problem is how to find out where?
Old 12-17-2004, 11:44 AM

William,

Thanks. As I looked at that, I can only think that shows that I'm playing too many draws. That said, if its multiway pots, I'm more than willing to play those draws out, as they usually pay off well.

So lets see, things to work on:

VP$IP
Folded to River Bet

Anything else stand out?

Nick
Old 12-17-2004, 12:13 PM

Default Re: One other thing..

[ QUOTE ]
Another stat that boggles my mind is W$atSD. Mine is high (around 60%). I know someone who does very well who's is at less than 53%. I know you don't want this number too high as it would likely indicate you are folding too often on the end. Does this mean I need to find more places to pay off? His W$WSF is also at 40%. I've never been able to mine this high (I'm less than 37%). Clearly, I'm not as tenacious as I should be. The problem is how to find out where?

[/ QUOTE ]

My won$ at SD is ~54. This is up a few % points from a few months ago.