Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-15-2004, 12:37 PM

Default Re: QQ in LP - what to do, what to do?

I'd reluctantly fold. If you do play, I think you should call and try to get UTG+1 to come along for the ride. If you can get most of his money in by the end of the hand then as long as you beat his hand you'll break even or come out ahead depending on which of the other villains you beat/lose to.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:54 PM

Why? If UTG+1 calls, you throw up. I don't like making moves that cause me to throw up...

Just fold, you're 2nd largest stack at table, theres more than enough opportunities to bully ppl around.
Old 12-15-2004, 12:59 PM

Hey,

I think the key to this hand is the UTG caller, who has a 6k stack. Your read on this player is what makes your decision.

If you read his call as an AA/KK call and lets see if I can lure some other suckers in, then you fold. If its a pocket pair trying to hit, or a decent ace, than its an auto-allin.

I personally would lean towards folding here, but it is close, and anyone who doesnt think its close has problems.

I think in the end you have to respect UTG's call, and to an extent the 2nd person that went all in. They all could have AKish or JJ, TT maybe. But the 2nd allin or UTG could very easily have AA or KK.

Nick
Old 12-15-2004, 01:13 PM

You're probably facing an AA-JJ, AK-AQs type hand from MP. UTG can have two slightly above average cards. UTG+1 either has AA or complete trash like a low pair, probably trash.

I think I go all in but it depends on how many hands UTG+1 and MP have played since you got here.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:21 PM

3rd best hand, must go all in. You risk little and will still have a sig stack.
Old 12-15-2004, 01:27 PM

I had a similar hand last friday - QQ. 5 calls, little blind raises 250, (1/4 stack), big calls, next all-in (1.2x my stack), I call, next calls with 350, little folds, big folds. first all-in has AK, other all-in has KTs. A comes on the river for the big stack. What else to do with 3rd best hand, though?
Old 12-15-2004, 01:31 PM

UTG+1's call means little to me. He's calling what amounts to a min-raise plus a little from someone about to be eaten up by the blinds. Could he have AA/KK? Sure, but this call doesn't send up warning flares in my mind.

I think pushing here is pretty clear, since the range of hands that UTG+1 calls your raise with is much narrower than the hands that he calls the min-raise with.

-SossMan
Old 12-15-2004, 02:29 PM

Default RESULTS

Thank you all for your great feedback. This was a hand that I was really torn on, and still not 100% sure I made the right decision on.

I decided to push pre-flop. I was worried that an AA or KK was out there, but thought that QQ was a bit too good to give up. I was hoping my push would force UTG +1 to fold.

I also figured worst case, I still have ~ 6000 in chips, while by no means a monster, still an average stack I could build back up.

After my push UTG +1 CALLS???? I'm worried now.....

until they turn over the cards

UTG - AQo
UTG +1 - ATo
MP - KJs
ME - QQ

Results (In white): <font color="white"> Flop comes 9 high, turn and river provide no help either. QQ holds on, Hero goes on to cash </font>

some of those calls were very questionable by my opponents. I know I would have folded JJ, but I figured QQ was strong enough here to push with.

Thanks for the feedback all!
Old 12-15-2004, 03:10 PM

Default Re: RESULTS

[ QUOTE ]
UTG - AQo
UTG +1 - ATo
MP - KJs
ME - QQ

[/ QUOTE ]

scoreboard, bitches.
Old 12-15-2004, 03:13 PM

I would fold in this situation also. Even if you have the best hand preflop, which is unlikely with the betting and raising all-in's, you still have to outdraw 3 hands to take down the pot.