Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2004, 12:18 PM

Default Re: Folding KK Preflop?

well, he cant turn them face up with the button still to act. It's a great idea, though.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:31 PM

i would rather punch myself in the face than let my opponents know i was folding KK (or even considering it).
Old 12-03-2004, 05:42 PM

for all the reasons stated of making your hand look less powerful than it is i played aces in a similar fashion at a local b&m

1-2 40 min 100 max, i'm around 220, got the mulletman covered

raise to 12 utg+1, he reraises to 24, i push in having him covered

the point here was to make it look like ak, or a hand that he could beat if he did have a real high pair

he tossed kings faceup on the table.....

i mucked face down of course and said that i had ak, but what're you gonna do, i tried to confuse him by overbetting but he saw through it and made a great fold

ah well
Old 12-03-2004, 07:27 PM

I too would rather have Schwza punched in the face than let an opponent know I was folding K/K. Especially if it was K/K suited!
Old 12-03-2004, 07:28 PM

I'm a little bewildered where you're figuring out that 70% of the time your opponent has A/A.
Old 12-04-2004, 12:37 AM

You only see KK suited at the WSOP main event. Can you imagine how ugly that would be for some online site to have that kind of error?
Old 12-04-2004, 01:59 AM

Hi Fiend,

[ QUOTE ]
I think this is a pretty simple fold...Unless you're willing to lose your stack/double up your opponent every time you get KK vs. AA by going all in preflop, what other signs are you looking for that you're behind?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is good thinking in live games, but it's just too tight and reasonable for online games. In 500 max buy-in online games, I am very willing to go broke every time I have KK vs AA, unless I have definite knowledge that my opponent is solid, or super-passive. I did read the results before posting this, and they didn't surprise me at all, except for the part about the Hero folding. I assumed it was one of the few times he actually was up against AA, and he was second-guessing himself for making the right move. Sorry to hear this was not the case.