Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2004, 11:43 PM

Default Re: big blind special. discuss.

Sam H - I'm not saying he had a flush, I'm saying reading a hand history from an online game with no read on a player and automatically putting him on the nuts is a bit, I don't know, over the top...just my opinion. There are a bunch of hands out there the villian could have, only a few of which hero has beaten. That's all I'm saying. I think coming up with a whole story of how he tried to limp utg with AA and then checked it until the river war ensued is a little odd. No one here that limps with AA hoping to reraise bets the flop heads up? I think more often than not this is done so you know where you are in the hand. That's all I'm saying. I just thought the previous poster jumped to a few too many conclusions...

Pocketdeuces: See above, Relax.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:43 PM

Um - he had 88 or AA. I suck and I can see this one.

Also, when you check raised him on the river, I think you opening up the betting after he minraised your checkraise could even be debatable depending on the player. Mainly because when yout put in the third raise to 250 I don't see him calling with anything you beat. You have the second worst full house, if we assume he won't limp with 83 then you have the worst. A good player would lay down the flush there think. If its the nut flush they may call. But thats fairly thin.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:58 PM

When I flop an under full with a two suit board I usually lead right out with a good size bet. This will usually eliminate the hands like 88 that you are most afraid of and will usually get calls from chasers. These flush chasers are who you want to call you anyway. When you check every street you can have no way of knowing what the guy has. You would have gained a lot of valuable information by betting out and playing some poker on earlier streets. I think given no other information this is a pretty easy fold.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:58 AM

true. i'm pretty sure he had at least A3. that said, would it be easier or harder to get away from it if you had been betting the flop and turn hard and he had just smooth called all the way down until the river when he raised, making it look like he had made the nut flush?
Old 11-30-2004, 10:21 AM

AZK-

I agree, MAYBE I do need to relax.

You not only told me to get out of the forum but also added no value to the original post. You initiated the arguement and I fell for the trap. Take your own advice; Relax buddy!
All is forgotten.

With regards to the original post, placing the villain on a range of hands like A3 / 88 / AA / JJ? is not out of line. I can't see the hero calling and taking down the pot. If and inexperienced player limped UTG with AA or JJ for that matter and it was folded around to the BB, whould you check the flop to hope for turn/river action?

If I flopped a boat in this situation I am most certainly betting out. If the villain gets lucky and fills up (which IMO he did) so be it; at least the hand was played correctly.