Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2004, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Rivering a straight following a single suit flop...

[ QUOTE ]
With the gutshot plus [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] outs to the nuts, I usually bet this flop and call a raise. If he just calls, I lead out the turn as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone bet /3-bet the flop? How about 3-betting Button's raise? With 9 outs to the nut flush, and 3 additional outs to get the jack (which might be drawing dead), its a mighty juicy hand. I'd be bending over backwards to protect it. But then again how much can you protect your hand against someone who already made the flush...

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 11-28-2004, 04:27 PM

CO showed A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], and MHIG.
Old 11-28-2004, 09:35 PM

Help me out here.......I noticed that none of the respondents guessed what he might have? but is this hand considered a Bad beat?
I am rubbish with pot Odds ... But I take it you had enough odds to call after turn?

Regards David
Old 11-28-2004, 10:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I am rubbish with pot Odds ... But I take it you had enough odds to call after turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nut Flush Draw
Old 11-28-2004, 11:14 PM

#1. Betting the turn is only wise if you have taken the lead in the hand. If you are raised on the flop (most likley for the free card play or the flush) most likley the only person who will reraise you will be people who have the flush. A set, maybe two pair will reraise you here, depending on the player, but its a scary board to reraise you with.
#2. If he has the flush, your not getting a single bet out of this pot. The checkraise commits 3 BB, while a bet and call only gets two. What % of small stakes players are going to reraise you with that board and the agression you have shown WITHOUT the flush? Not many. Unless you have a read on the player and he is a crazy LAG.

If the hand is played my way, here is the breakdown:

1 BB on the flop.
1 BB on the turn (2 BB if CO has the flush)
2 BB on the river(the river traps you here, you have to call, but at least you can escape a 3 bet)
Total: 4 (or 5) BB into a 12-15 BB pot (depending on the button)

Your way:

1 BB on the flop
1 BB on the turn
3 BB on the river (or 4 BB if you cap)

5 BB into a 17 BB pot

Your way makes the pot a little bigger, but your river action is a much clearer and it would be an easy decision to cap or not if you take the lead in the hand. Like I said, monotone flops are tough to play, as players have alot of potential hands. In my opinion (take it for what is is worth), I would say that both ways being the same in terms of what is put in the pot, your river play is clarified. You can even check and call on the river if you are reraised on the turn, saving another BB.