Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 02:33 PM

Default Hah hah, your spiteful nature comes out, AndyFox!

Don't you wish you could say "bye-bye" to George Bush!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:36 PM

Default Re: David C begins with assumption that the world is stupid

The only thing I said to the students was "These extra 20000 deaths are a real problem"

With what part of this you dont agree?

And I cant follow your conclusions about huge economic discoveries and stoned teenagers because of this stament, could you elaborate?

Respectfully

David C
Old 11-17-2004, 02:37 PM

Default Re: How many deaths because of terrorism in the US?

You should probably study social sciences a little less and the effects of terrorism on the US economy a little more. The ammount of money spent on fighting terrorism could hardly outweigh the financial detriment caused if you ignored it. Whether we are spending that money properly against terrorism is debatable, but it would be moronic to suggest we don't do anything. I didnt read the many responses to this and its probably been covered already.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:38 PM

Default one line: it\'s not your money

That's all you need to know. Now will you "respect" that?
Old 11-17-2004, 07:54 PM

Default Re: How many deaths because of terrorism in the US?

arabie, I have read most of your posts and will respond to all of them here.

You say I don't know the reason the terrorists do what they do. You're right, I don't know. I've never met a terrorist and I've never been a terrorist, heck I've only ever seen about 5 pictures of a terrorist on tv.

You claim to know why they do what they do, in my opinion you are overconfident. So far the reasons you gave for your conclusion are:

[ QUOTE ]

why do you think terrorists do it if not for religion? To make peace?

[/ QUOTE ]

How about because an American killed their sister. How about an American destroyed their home and their car. These are just a few possibilities of the top of my head.

[ QUOTE ]

i have read their religous book and understand why they are doing it for religion

[/ QUOTE ]

please state which books you read and how you came to your conclusion based on those books.

[ QUOTE ]

and then i have real life examples of how when they've done it for religion

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't doubt it, but please give me all your known examples of this.

[ QUOTE ]

You don't need to question why they do it because they tell you by saying allah akbar before every event.

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, examples please.

[ QUOTE ]

So i read the koran and if you want to know more specifically why they do it, just ask...

[/ QUOTE ]

You read the ENTIRE koran? And yes, I will ask.

[ QUOTE ]

Futhermore, I watched a chechen rebel video where the head chechen rebel said he wanted to make it clear that their cause had nothing to do with nationalism or politics, and that they were acting only in the name of allah in attempt to establish more islamic land.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if he wasn't lying he can't speak for his minions, they might just do it cause they hate other people, for various other reasons.

[ QUOTE ]

You think sudan, chechnya, palestinian terrorities of israel, afgahnistan, lebannon, saudia arabiya, etc. all just happened to produced terrorists because of political issues?

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe some from political tension, maybe some from cultural tension, maybe some from religious differences. Not all terrorist are Muslims btw.

[ QUOTE ]

And yes, i think osama binlanden said to himself, how can i invoke the most terror. I think hamas says to itself, how can i do the most damage. When nelson mandella wanted to make a political point, he had the bus station he blew up evacuated and then he made his point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I still reckon all of them had another reason to do it beside they simply enjoy it. You said it yourself for Nelson Mandela.

[ QUOTE ]

Maybe when those chechens shot the 400 people in the school they were thinking about something other than invoking terror, but you can't say that i'm not making a fair assumption.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe so, but the point is why do they want to invoke terror.

Btw, please list every single terrorist regim you think would do what you said in this quote, I am curious how many you think there are:

[ QUOTE ]

If you act passive in this war, the terrorist will get support from large international islamic regimes and organizations to harbour train and expand their attack.

[/ QUOTE ]

And therefore if you were the American president you would think you must attack and occupy (and do whatever the next step is after occupying) all these countries in order to prevent terrorism?