Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Re: How many deaths because of terrorism in the US?

thats fine. But we aren't trying to be right all the time... we are trying to be right a profitable percent of the time.
Old 11-17-2004, 01:46 PM

Default Have you no shame?

Can't you make a post without insulting somebody?
Old 11-17-2004, 01:59 PM

Default Re: R U A FUGGICKING MORON?

eLROY.....Shhhhhhhhh...

This guy is one of the best recruiters for the conservative cause. Let him make an ass of himself in front of the independent voters so they can see what kind of people make up the left.....

As for the self-deluded lefties...let them keep drinking their poison kool-aid and let them live in their fantasy world....
Old 11-17-2004, 02:07 PM

Id rather be self deluded than deluded/suckered by the establishment.

I wonder how long your denial will last when the inevitable happens and this whole eddifice of war on terror is exposed as an inherent deciet allowing the neo cons to keep the plebs in line and on song.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:11 PM

Default David C begins with assumption that the world is stupid

The fundamental assumption underlying his post, AndyFox, is that the Bush voter is evil, stupid, or both. Probably the second, since he put "solving math olympiad problems" as a favorite hobby in his user profile. And here is why we can only laugh:

1. These are the same lefties who complained during the election that healthcare spending is going up too fast!

2. People spend MANY TIMES more money keeping their families healthy (as well as on shiny cars to make girls think they will keep their families healthy) than they do on the war on terrorism. I ask any US Wilmott participant, how much money have you spent on your family versus the War on Terror?

3. Asians in the United States have lower infant mortality rates than whites, and they spend less money on prenatal care.

4. A study of the black community in Washington showed that mothers who failed to get prenatal care were smokers (a major government revenue-generator) twice as often and alcohol users (another huge tax machine) six times as often (crack was presumably left out because it is part of a well-known CIA plot).

5. While recent black infant-mortality rates have been maybe twice the rate of whites, black married women with a high-school education had a lower infant-mortality rate than white unwed mothers with a college education over the same period - suggesting that a husband, and not 7 trillion dollars of government Great-Society spending, keeps babies alive!

6. Latino immigrants spend less money, and certainly less government money than whites, and yet have comparable infant-mortality rates.

7. When US-government spending on black family health went up, black infant mortality actually rose relative, even, to our massive population of recent latin-American immigrants, many of whom have more children per household and aren't even citizens!

8. By contrast, when the US government - as compared to smaller social units - spends money on security, the target metrics move in the right direction every time.

9. I thought the goal of the government through all this sex education, family planning, and flat-out abortion, was to reduce the number of black babies anyway! It's not like STD's have gone down, abortions have just gone up with new government initiatives!

Frederic Bastiat once said,

[ QUOTE ]
There is only one difference between a bad economist and a good one: The bad economist confines himself to the visible effect; the good economist takes into account both the effect that can be seen and those effects that must be foreseen.

[/ QUOTE ]
In this case, what we have is not a bad economist, but merely a total idiot who, in the absence of any statistical evidence whatseover, thinks he is making huge economic discoveries standing in front of a room full of stoned teenagers. And why shouldn't he be making these breakthroughs? After all, unlike most Bush voters, he knows what a matrix is!

Oh dear, is the United States also falling behind in height? The propagandists who spoon-feed these silly statistics to a bunch of hand-wringing halfwits are neither bad economists, nor idiots, but liars. Here is a quote from Dr. Marie McCormick, chairman of the department of maternal and fetal health, at the Harvard School of Public Health:

[ QUOTE ]
[It is true that] justification of these services on a cost-benefit analysis is a weak reed. [But] people were reduced to this sort of effort [by evil benighted politicians, unwilling to fund the programs.]

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes it hilarious, is watching the Democrat propaganda machine crank out idiots as reliably as Walmart cranks out cheap trashcans. And what makes it really hilarious, is the counterbalancing variable this teacher has to invent to explain why these obvious social-justice opportunities are just waiting around like Easter eggs to be realized by idiots like him. He has to assume that the entire country, at least since 1960, has been either hopelessly stupid to ignore them or, worse, evil.

So why don't we spend more money saving babies' lives and less on the War on Terror? Is it because we are stupid, or because we are evil? It must be one or the other, because any idiot who listens to teenagers all day can see from one planted statistic that our great tribe is immoral.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:19 PM

In YOUR WORLD is it ***POSSIBLE*** to both:
1. Support the war on terror
2. Not be "deluded/suckered by the establishment"

Is it?.....
Or to be 'enlightened' does one have to agree with all your positions?

Oooops!!! I gotta go now.... I'm late for a Tri-lateral Commision gathering and then afterwards I must chair the Grand Illuminati Commission to keep the peasants entertained with their bread and circuses.... Later!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:22 PM

Default Thanks for answering my question

Your answer is obviously "no." Which means you're not long for 2+2.
Old 11-17-2004, 02:23 PM

To acknoweldge the concept of war on "terror" is to acknowledge that you have been suckerd into the politics of fear.

Old 11-17-2004, 02:25 PM

Default What\'s the matter: A little TRUTH cramping your style?

Geez, I'm sure you are begging for everybody to be thrown off the forum who exposes you for what an idiot you are, AndyFox.

That is probably why you turned to the Internet in the first place, because in real life you can't just plead the truth goes away.

Sorry if I interrupted your dream [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Hey, wait a minute - aren't you the guy clamoring for me to have my door kicked in, and to be dragged away in leg irons and assaulted in a concrete box by sexual predators for years on end, if I simply refuse to pay for embryonic stem-cell research?

I find leg irons to be such an impolite argument against paying lower taxes. Or wait, if I decide not to pay for your stupid Great-Society crap, will you just "agree to disagree" with me?
Old 11-17-2004, 02:30 PM

Default Re: What\'s the matter: A little TRUTH cramping your style?

Bye-bye.