Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2004, 07:55 PM

Default Re: Since I\'m getting torn a new one in Psychology, the hand in question

Hey TT, I didn't mean to rip into this hand over there. I was less concerned with this exact limp than I was with your explanation that folding it preflop here would be "bad."

Everything is situational, and if you had explained that the table was plenty loose/passive, I probably wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.

The best example of a super situational hand for me is KJo.

I nearly always muck it, regardless of how many limpers there are. Except when it's folded to me in LP, I raise!

As long as you understand why certain hands are playable in certain positions and under different table textures, then you're fine.

And... your good results are probably based on good play, rather than luck.
Old 11-04-2004, 08:37 PM

Default Re: Since I\'m getting torn a new one in Psychology, the hand in question

[ QUOTE ]
Hey TT, I didn't mean to rip into this hand over there. I was less concerned with this exact limp than I was with your explanation that folding it preflop here would be "bad."

Everything is situational, and if you had explained that the table was plenty loose/passive, I probably wouldn't have raised an eyebrow.

The best example of a super situational hand for me is KJo.

I nearly always muck it, regardless of how many limpers there are. Except when it's folded to me in LP, I raise!

As long as you understand why certain hands are playable in certain positions and under different table textures, then you're fine.

And... your good results are probably based on good play, rather than luck.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I did not mean it that way and was not so much offended as much as confused, and since my goal is to always become a better player, I was hoping for more specifics. If anything, I appreciate the candor and I really need to post more hands here. I also appreciate the fact that you took the time to respond both there and here.

For those who did not see the results in the other forum, the other two players had flush draws, with one of them holding A7 (BB) and the other K4 (UTG+1 I believe).
Old 11-04-2004, 09:16 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
The theory of just calling the 3-bet so you can raise isn't correct, because if the flush comes on the turn, you have to just call down....Also, players are less likely to call raises on the turn and river, so get the bets in right now....

[/ QUOTE ]

In this hand, it's also very unlikely there will be a bet from the 3 bettor since he's behind you. If he was in front, i might try it.

b
Old 11-04-2004, 09:18 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
KJo...I nearly always muck it, regardless of how many limpers there are.

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually play it, and some similar, from CO or the button if players let me see it for 1 bet. No matter how many limpers.

b