Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2004, 01:20 PM

Default Re: kerry by 4

[ QUOTE ]
With 23% of New Yorkers saying Terrorism was most important to them (the most important issue tied with Irag) and 76% of New Yorkers either "very worried" or "somewhat worried" about Terrorism, 77% of their vote went for Kerry. So, if NYC people don't feel safe with Bush, then why does everyone else?

[/ QUOTE ]

The 23% who said terrorism was the most important thing voted for Bush. The other 77% voted for Kerry.

WJ
Old 11-03-2004, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Granny, this hurts much more after you got my hopes up

To be fair, I got your info reinforced during the day by a friend with access to the VNS exit poll data

this is the real story within the story.

by 7pm last night, the president was crafting a concession speech and kerry an acceptance speech. it was an absolute done deal according to pollsters, and the money lines had caught that fact by 2pm.

it was not until the actuals were not matching the exits that anyone had a sniff of this. i don't think anyone was convinced until about midnight eastern that these exit pollers were way off base. these polls did a disservice to kerry because the internet and other 'buzzes' had him a 4-5 point winner in the populars, and actually picking up a couple of states that were thought to be painted red already.

the kerry team (and bush team for that matter) took this exit poll info from red states and projected blue. that made all feel the electoral would not be a problem because while florida was unknown, ohio was supposedly a *strong* win. there is some speculation that nevada and NM may have been lost because there was this feeling of 'job done' buzzing around the country, therefore the dems in the west coast states did not bother voting.

it was a fair election, and for that we need to be greatful. the only issues were the pollsters and media (what else is new?)

here's an early prediction ---> HRC will be pres. in 2008
Old 11-03-2004, 03:03 PM

Default Voting against your neighbor...

If you were neighbors with the President, would you vote for him??

Apparently the people of Washington DC don't trust GWB. They voted 90% in favor of Kerry with Bush receiving 9%. That is a telling statistic IMO. Glad I moved to Alaska!
Old 11-03-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Voting against your neighbor...

[ QUOTE ]
If you were neighbors with the President, would you vote for him??

Apparently the people of Washington DC don't trust GWB. They voted 90% in favor of Kerry with Bush receiving 9%. That is a telling statistic IMO. Glad I moved to Alaska!

[/ QUOTE ]

Washington DC ALWAYS goes democratic. You could run Jesus, Allah, Buddha or whomever as a repub and he would lose.
Old 11-03-2004, 03:27 PM

For any of you talking about being neighbors and voting another way, get a life! Just because I know you, doesn't mean you will get my vote! I vote republican, and if I lived next door to Kerry he still wouldn't have received my vote!

2nd, to the New Yorker. I love this country, but just because New Yorkers feel safer with Kerry you think the entire country should feel this way, PLEASE! Us poor little backwoods people have our own guns for protection, WE join the military to fight for our country, and WE don't want to live in NY for many reasons. GET A GRIP! New York is not the United States of America, it is one city in one state of our country and you do not speak for us all!

President Bush is a leader regardless of what you think and as an enlisted veteran and future Naval Officer I stand behind our Commander-in-Chief just as stongly as I would have stood behind Kerry had he become the leader of our country! Put aside your ego and understand that this country goes far beyond the borders of NY and we are all just as proud and intelligent, regardless of what you yankees might think.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:11 PM

Default Bush by 4

This just in: you're not right.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:14 PM

Make you a deal... *hitch up pants* *spit* *scowl*

We'll stop staying Bush is an idiot when he starts pronouncing common three syllable words correctly.

In a different vein... would you elect some guy from the next department to be President of the company you work for, or would you elect Steve Jobs (insert Gates, Buffet, or whoever you want). I guess this year people decided they'd rather have less intelligence and worse leadership. Bush is not as intelligent as many, many others who ran against him (Kerry) or could have run against him.

To all those of you who say Bush is a great leader... yeah, well look what the [censored] he's led us into. We've damaged our relationships around the world and now he's diverted our attention from Al-Queda with Iraq. Great leaders are not defined by how blind the faith of their followers is, they are defined by where those followers end up... and if they survive the journey. Leadership is about more than the leader's image.

I'm from the 'backwoods' of Minnesota and our household owns more guns than tennis shoes, so don't preach to me about not understanding rural people. LSUfan, you are soooo typical. You got your guns and your bible. You can read the bible, but intelligence is understanding and applying its principles. I'm not even Christian and I can do that! I'd sign up in a heartbeat to protect this country. Send me to Afghanistan, but don't send me to Iraq to fight for oil and presidential image! The point about my neighbor post was that people who live in DC voted 91% against Bush, do you really think that those voters are less informed than you? They live in the capital! God it was funny how you totally missed the point of that! [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]

If you're in the military and within sniffing distance of being an officer you must have some intelligence, so add it up. You talk about pride. Yes, Democrats are patriotic too! We love this country, but you can't make everything a president does about pride. When did the pride of Bush, get rapped up in the pride of America. America is great in spite of Bush, not because of him.

Had a great conversation with a Lt. who just came back from Iraq. He said at first he was frustrated because it seemed there was nothing they could do, or were doing. Then more and more he felt like he was helping because he was giving food and supplies to the civilians. After talking awhile he realized the only reason they needed aid was because we'd bombed their homes, or enprisoned the family's breadwinners. And even he admitted we're there for the oil. He said all operations regarding oil had the best supplies, most detail, etc. Iraq will not follow in our democratic footsteps because they do not like us, ditto for almost the whole region now. Perhaps if Bush was less arrogant, the vine of democracy would grow into the darker regions of the world.

End of Rant.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:23 PM

You're so wrapped up in your anyone but Bush crap that you can't even see straight. I said I would respect Kerry HAD he won the election, because the position demands respect!

Secondly, I am a republican because they don't dismantle the military, they rebuild it after democrats are removed! We wouldn't have every other reservist in country to begin with had Clinton not cut the military in half!

Bush is a great leader, and if you can't see that you are a moron. Take off the blinders! Kerry IS a good man, and I would have had no problems with him in office as long as he didn't take more money away from the military. Just because you think Bush is an idiot doesn't make it so! At least he is attempting to get our troops the supplies they need, which is more than I can say for your democrats!

Get a grip!!!!
Old 11-03-2004, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2nd, to the New Yorker. I love this country, but just because New Yorkers feel safer with Kerry you think the entire country should feel this way, PLEASE! Us poor little backwoods people have our own guns for protection, WE join the military to fight for our country, and WE don't want to live in NY for many reasons. GET A GRIP! New York is not the United States of America, it is one city in one state of our country and you do not speak for us all!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand this hostility. I said I live in NY and I don't worry about terrorism. I neither asked you to move here nor did I belittle the rest of the country.
Old 11-03-2004, 04:38 PM

Default Interesting...

Interesting fact I checked out:

Average 2004 ACT score of BUSH states: 20.79
Average 2004 ACT score of KERRY states: 21.72

That is actually a pretty substantial difference when you look at how tightly grouped the states are by average ACT score. I'm not saying it validates anything, it's just an interesting fact.

But hey, at least you could win a bet with a BUSH lover. Ask them who's states had higher ACT scores, BUSH or KERRY. It's on the ACT website if anyone wants to factcheck.