Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2004, 12:49 AM

Default Re: my basic draw strategy...

LOL

# explain this to me. . .

Posted by: limon
Posted on: Friday, 23 April 1999, at 10:10 p.m.

I have put in 1000+ hours in my local 4-8 HE game. I play the correct starting hands, use my position well, check raise, make plays for free cards and attempt to read the other players at the table. Reading the other players is nearly impossible considering that the people who frequent this game will play with completely random starting hands. I think that monkeys could play as well as the people I play with. SO WHY AM I LOSING!? Is it standard deviation, or am I not as good as I think I am? What am I missing?

I am an expert Blackjack player who has averaged a win rate of one big bet per hour over the last 8 years. I am used to being able to find a weak game and exploit it. So why cant I exploit this weak HE game?

Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:31 AM

Default Re: my basic draw strategy...

limon,

Nice post. Good to see you posting again (even if just an isolated incident).

jujujaja34
Old 10-29-2004, 12:31 PM

Default Results

The Villain turned over KJo, giving him the nut straight (which he flopped).

The reason I just called his bet on the river was because I sort of reevaluated his raise on the turn. The min raise kind of scared me when I thought about it again; if he was full on the turn this was fully the raise I would expect him to make, trying to extract some extra money from me.

I don't really feel that leading the river was the right play because there is absolutely zero fold equity against this player. He's not the type of player to make a huge bet on the river either, therefore I can check in confidence knowing that he isn't going to check a hand he raised with on the turn but he isn't going to bet hard enough to make me fold my straight either. The reason I didn't check/raise was outlined above. Thanks for the comments everyone.
Old 10-29-2004, 12:47 PM

Default huh???

i have no clue what that is. where's it from?
Old 10-30-2004, 06:30 AM

Default Re: huh???

that was from the archives, figured it was you, "limon" isn't a common name. good post in this thread btw.