Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Can anyone top my awsomeness?

let me get this straight, your interesting story is that you didn't write your paper and so you asked for an extension and got it?

do you know anybody else at college? this is not that uncommon.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:18 PM

So it's the first semester of my first year of college, and final exams are approaching. I head up to the math building where the times are posted, and see something along the lines of ``CHIN 100 S2 Wednesday 13th'', and then on the other side of the board ``ENGL 115 S4 Friday 15th'' and my other classes by coincidence right below it: MATH 121 (Calculus), MATH 151 (Algebra). Elsewhere, my comp. sci. exam is very soon.

Well my friend had gotten me some rum and coke for my 19th birthday. The day before my comp. sci. test I get drunk for the 2nd time ever--the first was fun and I was fine afterwards. I must have had too much though, because this time I spent the morning puking. And this was the day of my exam. So I walk the 2km up to school, extremely dehydrated (I didn't know alcohol was a diuretic), and take my exam. The entire time I'm trying not to pass out; my head is down, and I'm scribbling code as fast as I can (Edit: I remember now that I skipped one of the larger questions, losing me probably from 5 to 10%). I manage a B on the test, and an A overall.

So days pass and it's Tuesday now, and I go online to check the exact exam times. But I notice that I have two exams in the same 13:00 block! I look a little more closely... [censored], Algebra was actually last week! And I check Calculus and it's the same thing. Apparantly back in the Math building they didn't group exams together by date.

Well, I talk to my math professors and the Algebra one will give me a C+, because I was doing well in the course (multiple 100% midterms in fact) and so I can get into the higher classes, and the Calculus professor will take my grade before the final and apply some multiplier that depends on how well people tend to do in the final versus their before-grades. So I end up with C+ and C (I was hoping to improve my grade to at least a B on the test!).

Chinese and English were uneventful, and I got A/A- in them.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:25 PM

AJ-

Let me take this time to give you my sincerest apologies for wasting your time. I feel terrible. Really.

Will you forgive me? You matter oh so much to me.

Sincerely,
Sponger15SB
Old 10-15-2004, 10:39 PM

Political Science Class (elective). 3 hours every Wednesday night. The previous semester, the professor had decided to give only a mid-term (40%) and a final (60%). Both tests were to be 50 question multiple choice.

My room-mate had the class the previous semester, and the professor had mentioned that there were study questions available on computer at the library. Turns out, all of the midterm and final questions were straight from the computer database and my room-mate makes a easy A.

So I go to class the first night, professor mentions same deal with the computer database. So thinking I am set, I do not attend another class until the mid-term. I had memoriaed every question from the database, and sure enough, I score a 98 on the mid-term. I do not attend another class until the final, again having the database committed to memory. Professor passes out the test, I turn it over and none of the questions on the 1st page look familiar, so I go to the 2nd page, same thing. It then dawns on me that these questions aren't from the database. Apparently, the professor realized that his questions were to predictable, so he changed the final. I muddle thru the test and scored just high enough to get a B in the class.
Old 10-15-2004, 11:21 PM

That's interesting. I'm 28, and recently started having that same dream repeatedly. It really sucks. No idea what it means, though.
Old 10-16-2004, 04:36 AM

My story's not really cool, but it worked out for me.

Freshman year, 2nd semester, I took a class called color theory. My major at the time was graphic design because I thought I would just design stuff on computer. But no, the major actually was mostly drawing and painting. This way my first class and it was a painting class based on color (you would have to paint something like the outline of a picture in one color, just different tones of it.)

So I absolutely SUCKED at this. I completely hated it. 4 weeks in, I just couldn't stand it after not being able to complete the first assignment while the rest of the class was already on the second. I just stopped going.

A month later I show up to ask the teacher if I could drop the class. She knew I struggled with it but she told me it was too late. I said f' it and I would take the F.

Low and behold, the report card comes midsummer. C in color theory. Never took one exam or completed one assignment. I guess she felt sorry for me.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:53 PM

I had an Econ final that I completely forgot about my sophmore year of college. It was the end of finals week and realized that I missed the test by 4 days. Some chick said that he had already graded them and she emailed him for her score. I decided to email him too and ask what I got. He emailed me back later that day and said, I don't have your test. I play the role like, what are you talking about I took the test and said how the 3rd essay confused me after finding out what was on the test from the girl I knew. The next day I got an email back from the professor saying..."I found your test, you got a B"

I wonder what he would of said if I asked him to see it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-18-2004, 02:17 PM

There's a good chance he didn't read the paper. A year after school, I went back to see a friend graduate. The winner of the Department Citation (because of size, Cal has department specific graduation ceremonies) was being introduced by her advisor. He said, "Her Honors Thesis is called 'Insert Way Overblown Title Here.' It's a great sounding paper. Maybe I'll even read it; I already gave her an A." Everyone who had a class with him knew that was not a joke.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I had an Econ final that I completely forgot about my sophmore year of college. It was the end of finals week and realized that I missed the test by 4 days. Some chick said that he had already graded them and she emailed him for her score. I decided to email him too and ask what I got. He emailed me back later that day and said, I don't have your test. I play the role like, what are you talking about I took the test and said how the 3rd essay confused me after finding out what was on the test from the girl I knew. The next day I got an email back from the professor saying..."I found your test, you got a B"

I wonder what he would of said if I asked him to see it [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

We have a winner!
Old 10-18-2004, 06:23 PM

freshman year at univ at buffalo, I had an english class that I absolutely hated. We had a final paper we had to write that we could turn in by e-mail. I also had a final paper due in a western civ class. Needless to say, I procrastinated and only had time to do 1 before the due date. So I did the western civ paper and sent that paper to both teachers. My thinking was that I would be ok, w/ western civ, and then my english prof would e-mail me saying I turned in the wrong paper to him, which would in turn give me time to type my english paper. Well, I decided to procrastinate again and not type my english paper, waiting for my teacher to e-mail me, before I started writing it. Good news for me is that I never got that e-mail, and I never had to write that paper and I got my B+ and had a great summer

-Ftball