Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2004, 11:03 AM

Default Can anyone top my awsomeness?

So I just transferred to UCSB from Santa Barbaba City College (I went to a community college, shocking I know) and my transcripts got all f'ed up so I couldn't get into any upper division Political Science courses so I was stuck taking crappy classes that I hate and never want to go to.

Here is my schedule this quarter:
Sociology 152a - Human Sexuality
Western Civilization 4a
Art Surver I: Ancient - Medieval 6a
(here is how I explain my classes to people: Crap, Crap, and Crap)

So I walk into my Western Civ class yesterday after missing like 3 straight classes and also my discussion this monday and I look up on the projector and it says something like "Turn in your papers to your TA" and everyone is walking around our lecture hall and I of course think

WHAT [censored] PAPER!!!

Our test isn't for another few weeks so I assumed the paper was due in like a week, and I guessed wrong. So after class I e-mail my TA and tell him how [censored] dumb I am and he is going to let me turn in the paper on monday.

Does anyone out there have a similarly sad story during school like that? Anyone oversleep on a final or messup the day you thought it was?
Old 10-15-2004, 11:14 AM

Default Re: Can anyone top my awsomeness?

I had one semester when I discovered the wonders of alcohol, marijuana, parties, pool, poker, and not sleeping. Needless to say I skipped alot of classes.

I went to one business class that was particulary boring a total of three times the whole semester. It was nice when the syllabus came out to find out there was only a final exam and homework was not graded. I skimmed the book and got a 4.0 as the test was common knowledge stuff.

The same semester I had a statics class that I found fairly easy so I skipped a bunch of times. After missing two weeks straight of it I went to one class where the Prof was reviewing the test from the week before - the only problem was I DIDN't TAKE IT. Oops - had to drop it as the test was 30% of the final grade and when I tried to get an exception the professor just said "your in my class??". Oh well.

I lucked out the next semester and had all my classes scheduled Tuesday through Thrusday. 4 day weekends kick butt!

Orange
Old 10-15-2004, 11:48 AM

My junior year of college I took Communications 101, widely known as the easiest, most brain-dead class on the entire campus. I took it for an easy grade, and had heard from several of my Comm major friends that all you had to do was show up for the tests, and that you never had to go otherwise.

I went to it about 3 times the entire semester.

The week before the final, I was looking through the syllabus, and noticed this little gem on the last page:
"Class participation will be worth 1/3 of your final grade. No exceptions will be allowed."

Whoops! It seems that a new professor had taken over the class and had revamped the grading policy.

The only thing worse than failing the easiest class on campus is trying to explain it to your friends and family.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:18 PM

Last semester, I went home after my first 3 finals because my last one wasn't for a few days, and I only live about 45 minutes from campus. Well, I wake up Friday morning head up to Tech about 1:00 for the final at 2:00. I get there at 1:45, and walk into the building and see someone I went to high school with about to take a Chemistry final. Random, I think, I haven't seen her in a while. Then, I see someone I'm in class with and she asks me how I think it went.
"How what went?"
"The final"
"I'll tell you in about 2 hours."
"Uhhhh, no. We just took it."
Awesome, the final was at 11, not 2. I run to the professor's office and catch him 10 minutes before he's leaving to go out of town. I try to explain myself, telling him that I even scheduled a later flight to Orlando Friday night because I thought I wouldn't get out of class til 4.
"Did you ever come to class?"
"Yes sir" (We both know this is a stretch, and only true because of the word 'ever')
"Did you read the syllabus?"
"Umm, no sir."
Luckily, he lets me take the final for -10 pts. Plenty fair, but it pissed me off because I needed a 92 for an A in the class. Of course, I got a 94, which became an 84, which gave me a B.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:21 PM

Wow, you slacked off in college and survived. No one's ever done that before.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow, you slacked off in college and survived. No one's ever done that before.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't write this to "brag" that I convinced my TA to let me turn in a late paper, everyone has talked a teacher into doing something similar.

Only to ask has anyone done something this dumb... and by "awsomeness" I meant dumbness.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:30 PM

Last quater I was taking Math 157, which is a business calculus class at my local CC. This class was really hard for me, but fortunately I worked my ass of for the first half of the quater so by the time the second part of the quarter(when the class was really hard) my grade was pretty good.

We had 4 tests in this class, including a non cumulative final. We also had a HW, Quiz and participation grade in the class. Out of these 7 scores, which ever one was the lowest the teacher dropped. So going into the final all I need to do was turn in my HW and leave. Yup no final for me. Well before the class I was telling one of my classmates that I wasn't taking the final and he said he wasn't either. So we go into the class, get the test(along with the rest of the class) and turn in our HW. The teacher starts the test and then me and this other guy "take" the test. This involved guessing random multiple choice questions. It took us 3 minutes to take the test and we were out. Everyone was staring at me when I walked out of the class, with a phat ass grin on my face. Great day.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:46 PM

Back in high school my World History teacher screwed up and assigned way to many points for all the HW/quizzes/test and so the final ended up being something insignificant to me because I had like an 84% in the class. He handed out the scantrons and I had filled out all C's and gave it back to him before he had a chance to give me the actual test. We hated eachother anyways.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:48 PM

yeah my Math teacher was pissed too, but [censored] him, he is only a math teacher [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-15-2004, 01:04 PM

I had a poli sci course my freshman year- big lecture hall, giant class. I bought the books, grabbed the syllabus, and missed most of the classes (I was too busy sleeping and partying).

I showed up the day of the first test with my blue book, ready and raring to go after my cramming session. A 1 page quiz was handed out, which I quickly finished. I then realized that everyone else around me had already filled in their blue books- the professor had given out the essay questions the night before (a dirty trick that was not on the syllabus!). After nearly vomiting, I wrote the following in my blue book- "I missed class when the essay questions were handed out. Sorry for wasting your time."

I marched out of the lecture hall directly to the registrar's office and dropped the class.