Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2004, 04:28 PM

Default Re: Study: Bush Supporters Ignorant

[ QUOTE ]
The issues chosen are fairly obscure and are all positive sounding things that most people will agree with

[/ QUOTE ]

Similar results were found by the same group regarding whether WMD were found in Iraq, and whether a link between Iraq and 9-11 was found. Read this PDF:

http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Ir..._03_Report.pdf

Check out the end where Fox viewers are found to be the most likely to hold misconceptions.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:38 PM

I would like to see the slick way these poll questions were presented. Probably trying for shock value, like how could anyone support evil, awful land mines? Even though without those land mines there certainly would have been another Korean war.

Really, isn't this poll kind of silly? Couldn't some right winger design a poll, call up a bunch of ignorant crack smoking inner city dwellers and get similar results for John Kerry supporters?
Old 09-30-2004, 04:54 PM

I did see that other poll and it is very disturbing. The fact that so many people think we found WMD in Iraq is most astounding. In tonight's debate Kerry should just read quotes from Colin Powell and the CIA indicating that we have not.

I don't doubt that many Bush supporters are ignorant of his views on issues, I just don't think that the new poll proves it beyond a doubt.
Old 09-30-2004, 04:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, what is the point of this post?

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that Bush supporters are so misinformed on these issues, and the WMD and 9-11 facts, is significant because it makes me ask, "why are they misinformed". I think some of it is the sources of news, as the PIPA study showed. Fox viewers have been shown to be more ignorant on these issues, and no doubt conservative talk radio listeners are ignorant as well. I am shocked at how much these conservative commentators flat out lie. I think some of it has to do with a conscious effort by this adminstration to misinform citizens. Bush's statement that "we found them" re: WMD's. Cheney's insistance of a possible link between 9-11 hijackers and Iraq. These and similar lies are believed by Republicans.

Look at this study: http://www.pipa.org/OnlineReports/Ir..._03_Report.pdf

and comment please.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:00 PM

I am no expert on polls or the oragization PIPA. I agree that polls can be misleading, and questions can be twisted. The link to one of their studies appears to be to be "scientific" if you know what I mean. I know that they are affiliated with the University of Maryland, and it looks like they are serious in what they are trying to do.
Old 09-30-2004, 05:01 PM

Default LOL....Maybe YOU Should Read the Article.....

"Already 120 nations have ratified the treaty or acceded to it"
*****HaHaHaHaHaHa!!! I love the word "acceded". An HONEST journalist would have written, 'Although 120 nations have acceded to the treaty, only TWO nations have ratified the treaty since 1997.' But...an honest journalist is hard to find.....

"Russia signed the treaty in 1997, as the United States did under President Bill Clinton, and expressed initial support for it."
****LOL !!! Oh really! If Russia has already signed the treaty then why is Russia sending it to parliment for debate? Mmmmmmmm.........????
Answer: The treaty was "signed" by junior diplomatics so they could have their photo op to justify this collosal waste of tax money. These "signatures" have as much validity as a six year old giving a promise ring to a school playmate....... The dirty secret of Kyoto was it was meant to be a bone thrown to enviromental whackos and their junk scientist lap dogs... I'm amazed that even TWO countries have ratified this treaty. If three countries have now signed it then I apologize...

"The treaty is widely considered a milestone of international environmental diplomacy..... "
***Mmmmmmm.....It is nice to know the writer is 'objective'. The dictates of this treaty have as much chance of changing the environment as beating drums and praying to Zeus. Junk Science is the #1 money generator for these 3rd rate "scientists". As for it being "widely considered a milestone", then I wonder why only TWO countries have RATIFIED the treaty.... Mmmmmmm....

Another typical DISHONEST article for the gullible.... Please....it is time to leave the world of make believe and think for yourself rather than what a 3rd rate "journalist" tells you to believe.....
Old 09-30-2004, 07:10 PM

Default Re: Silly Quote

[ QUOTE ]
I am suggesting that the fact that terrorists are going to Iraq to attempt to kill Americans rather than coming to the US to do so. I would rather have them coming at soldiers that are trained to fight vice my daughter's preschool.

That being said, I did read an interesting article a while back suggesting this very thing. Let me see if I cant dig up for you, ok?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea spot on. Its obvious that if we concentrate americans in one place that isnt america all the terorrists will go there to kill americans instead of coming here.

So by making it realy easy to kill Americans in Iraq we have made sure that those terrorists leave us all alone here in America.

Bush is a genius, sometimes I suspect that most liberals dont have the intlectual depth to realy understand his sublime strategic planning.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:15 PM

Default Re: Silly Quote

You are incorrect. All the terrorist were created during the Clinton administration.
Old 09-30-2004, 07:17 PM

Default Re: LOL....Maybe YOU Should Read the Article.....

Yea gloabl warming.

What a load of wank, so what if 99.99999999999999999999999999999999% of scientists now confirm it is as a scientific objective fact. Feck those liberal commie pinko subversives.

Now whatever you do dont accuse me of being a die hard support what ever bush said coz even that sell out Bush has had to admit that global warming (caused by man) is a reality, so the spliter didnt shout it from the roof tops but yea he quitelyt admited it and made sure it didnt get much press time. SO FECKIN WHAT you loser. OIL AND CARBON ROCKS. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yea so like I can fink for myself and therefore its obvious that that one sciency guy I saw a few months ago saying its all wank is right.

Man you are an uber twat. The bridge between a wanker and a tuss.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:53 PM

I will say this, Andy. If most Americans(regardless of political affiliation) had to take the same test to keep their citizenship that immigrants have to take to become citizens, the USA would be a country of about 20 million citizens.