Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-22-2004, 09:03 AM

Default Re: Not-so-great Flop

I used to export notes, but now I just use the game time window for this.

What I do now is flag only the bad players with a ".". This way, I can look at a new table and know immediately if it's a good game or not by how many flags I see. The other way, too many people were flagged whether they were a good player or not and I knew nothing about the game until I read through everyone's stats.
Old 09-22-2004, 10:13 AM

In a live game, the pre-flop raiser usually gets some respect and most people automatically go into check-calling mode especially if you have TP good kicker and bet the flop. So in a live game, I usually will fold this hand in a loose game if someone is going to CR me on the flop and bet the turn with such a co-ordinated suited board. They know it's hard to push a pre-flop raiser around without something big. Or maybe I just get a lot of respect and they make it obvious when they have a big hand against me.

Online, it's a different story though I find. They love pushing everyone around regardless if you are the pre-flop raiser or not.
Old 09-22-2004, 11:00 AM

hi kevin

the better play here is often reraising, although against certain tight type opponents, you could lay it down. you don't know these opponents, so reraise and betout to driveout on the turn.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I used to export notes, but now I just use the game time window for this.

What I do now is flag only the bad players with a ".". This way, I can look at a new table and know immediately if it's a good game or not by how many flags I see. The other way, too many people were flagged whether they were a good player or not and I knew nothing about the game until I read through everyone's stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol.

Reading through everyones stats takes about 15 seconds tops. It's not like you have to sit there and deeply analyze there stuff...just look at the top 2 - vpip, pfr. It should be pretty obvious really quick if they're bad.

I suppose if you only play 1 table the gametime window isn't too big of a problem...but when you're playing 4 or more games you can't have something like that open really. It's much much easier to use the notes...which are totally invaluable.
Old 09-22-2004, 01:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's much much easier to use the notes...which are totally invaluable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you're overstating the case. I find them only partially invaluable.
Old 09-23-2004, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Reading through everyones stats takes about 15 seconds tops. It's not like you have to sit there and deeply analyze there stuff...just look at the top 2 - vpip, pfr. It should be pretty obvious really quick if they're bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

But these two stats (vpip and pfr), are already in game time window. The thing is, game time updates as often as you download hand histories. Notes only exports when you leave Party, re-export them, and log back on. So game time is also more up to date.

I use game time even when I'm playing 3-4 tables (although I only use one game time window). I find game time even more valuable than you seem to find the exporting notes feature.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:36 AM

Why fold the best hand?

Peace,
Joe Tall
Old 09-23-2004, 11:57 AM

Kevin J.

Even if you are ahead, which I can believe if your playing Party here, I still think it will be too expensive with too marginal a hand. I muck here 9 out of 10 times and the other time would be player dependent.

Swiss Cheese