Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2004, 02:26 PM

Default Re: Internet poker Vs face to face

You are absolutely right, the trickle up system is the only reason high limit players can make so much money. Along with rich kids who drop 10k in a week from dads credit card and guys who have old money and dont realize how much some one in their family had to work once.

Thank goodness for american Pragmatism. The lower limit players win a bit, run up their luck and lose it all..to some poor unsuspecting soul.
Old 09-20-2004, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Internet poker Vs face to face

Thanks for all the replies, I know from reading this board there are some great online players, especially the players who can read into reaction times of players etc.....

I think the biggest benefit of higher limits is that the pool of players is smaller and you do start to come up against the same oppenents on a regular basis.

However, I still can't keep my level of concentration online and believe it or not, I don't seem to value my bankroll as much as I do bricks and mortar!!!

I know these are all simple mistakes which leads me to believe from my personal experience there are some good players on both fronts who can't transfer form, f2f/internet vice-versa.

I will need to think on this one and maybe start treating them as completely separate games each with different strategies, which up to now I havent done.