Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Internet poker Vs face to face

I have a question, does anyone here find tranferring internet form to a face to face game or vice versa?
I myself find internet play even at the lowest limits extremely difficult as opposed to face to face.

Is this just psychological or are there to different skills?
Old 09-19-2004, 04:43 PM

Default Re: Internet poker Vs face to face

Brick and Mortar games of the same limits as online games are much softer. A B&M 3/6 plays like a .50/1 online game. I know any 2/4 or 3/6 game is much tougher than the same limit online...
Old 09-19-2004, 05:27 PM

I also find difficulty analysing a game online, I find it alot harder to put a player on a hand which enivitably means I make mistakes which I make less frequent face to face. I realize everyone is equal in this and maybe some players suit the online enviroment better than face to face.
Unfortunately I don't seem to be one.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:08 PM

When you play online for money, how can you be sure there is no cheating going on...that is no two people (or more) are sitting in a room playing at the same table? Even if they are not in the same room, how do you know they are not on a phone with each other or some other means of communication? This has always made me suspect of internet poker for $$. Irrational or what?
Old 09-19-2004, 10:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
When you play online for money, how can you be sure there is no cheating going on...that is no two people (or more) are sitting in a room playing at the same table? Even if they are not in the same room, how do you know they are not on a phone with each other or some other means of communication? This has always made me suspect of internet poker for $$. Irrational or what?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree 100%. I highly recommend staying away from online poker for this reason. It would be impossible to win at a table where two players are sharing cards.
Old 09-19-2004, 11:49 PM

There are more tells online than you might think.. and there are less tells in the brick and mortar room than hollywood would have you believe. Learn to deal with it.
Old 09-20-2004, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
It would be impossible to win at a table where two players are sharing cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen cheaters in action, and this is far from the truth. The vast majority of intelligent poker players out there make enough from straight up poker that they don't have to resort to cheating. I would guess that most cheaters out there can't beat the games they play in without cheating.
Old 09-20-2004, 01:31 AM

while blunt, this is 100% correct. just because they're online, doesnt mean there's not a wealth of partial information out there, and vice versa.

fim
Old 09-20-2004, 02:18 AM

Those of us that have made a killing online and would also agree they are colluding...TO GIVE YOU THEIR FREAKING MONEY.

How could you say it's unbeatable if they're so bad and so many people make tons of money legitimately.
Old 09-20-2004, 10:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree 100%. I highly recommend staying away from online poker for this reason. It would be impossible to win at a table where two players are sharing cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

This couldn't be further from the truth. The fact that they know each other's cards does not change the fact that they do not know yours, nor does it change the fact that their cards will suck 80% of the time.

I'd be more than happy to play at a table with two guys who think they have some type of advantage over me because they know they're both holding ace-rag.