Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2005, 09:30 AM

Default river

pokerstars 5/10 10 handed
no reads.
someone opens in EP....I 3 bet next in with A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]...folds to BB who calls...EP calls.

Flop 3 ways: K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

check, check, I bet, both call.

Turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

check, check, I bet, BB folds, EP calls.

river: Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
EP bets, I................
Old 10-20-2005, 09:35 AM

Default Re: river

I would raise. I think that AQ and KQ are really likely given the action.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that AQ and KQ are really likely given the action.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't. KQ gives more action on the flop - especially when he can check raise the BB caller with TPGK. Who c/c the turn and then donks the river with AQ - this hand would more likely either be a turn donk or turn c/r.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think that AQ and KQ are really likely given the action.

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't. KQ gives more action on the flop - especially when he can check raise the BB caller with TPGK. Who c/c the turn and then donks the river with AQ - this hand would more likely either be a turn donk or turn c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if villian is taking a WA/WB type line that he is not going crazy on the flop with KQ. Similarly, if he has AQ, he has to be very much afraid of AK, AA, or KK. IMO the only hand we should really be worried about is QQ, and KQ and AQ are more likly.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think if villian is taking a WA/WB type line that he is not going crazy on the flop with KQ. Similarly, if he has AQ, he has to be very much afraid of AK, AA, or KK. IMO the only hand we should really be worried about is QQ, and KQ and AQ are more likly.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - I agree with you. But, I'm still advocating calling because I don't think that raising gets us any extra value. Any hand that's ahead 3-bets. Most hands that are behind (including your KQ/AQ) check/call the river if they want to see showdown - OR - bet/fold the river in an effort to not miss value if they just went ahead.

Then again - perhaps if this player IS donking with AQ/KQ we should be raising because if they're dumb enough to donk the river here they're probably also calling the raise.

Perhaps since we're readless - there's not a significant difference in the EV of between calling/raising.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:54 AM

If we can expect a player to be calling down this board and this action with QQ, I don't think we can also expect them to bet/fold KQ or AQ.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:41 AM

Location: I\'m a FAG:Frugal Aggressive(Not that there is anything wrong with that)

i would raise. if he hit his gutshot or set good for him.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:07 AM

I call. He's taken a WA/WB line. On this board he either caught you on the river and he'll 3-bet his better hands or, if he missed, he's probably bet/folding and you're not going to gain anything from a raise anyways.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I call. He's taken a WA/WB line. On this board he either caught you on the river and he'll 3-bet his better hands or, if he missed, he's probably bet/folding and you're not going to gain anything from a raise anyways.

[/ QUOTE ]
With that thinking, what hands do you put him on then?
Old 10-20-2005, 10:20 AM

I'd raise and expect to see AQ here a lot of the time. If he 3 bet, I'd make the call and expect to see QQ.