Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2005, 12:45 AM

Default Re: any1 making money at stars?

i appreciate all the wise comments, but still no one has really answered my question. maybe in the next few weeks you will see me as i truly am. A VISIONARY! my prediction is that no one has been able to make money in the sngs during august at ps. no one has sadi they have so far so well i dont think anyone has then. so thats that. whatevr cant wait to play you dankoys.

ps. i have a mood disorder and am very sensitive please try not to be a sarcastic monket totter.

peace, dan
Old 08-20-2005, 12:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i appreciate all the wise comments, but still no one has really answered my question. maybe in the next few weeks you will see me as i truly am. A VISIONARY! my prediction is that no one has been able to make money in the sngs during august at ps. no one has sadi they have so far so well i dont think anyone has then. so thats that. whatevr cant wait to play you dankoys.

ps. i have a mood disorder and am very sensitive please try not to be a sarcastic monket totter.

peace, dan

[/ QUOTE ]

i have'nt, i've lost money. it's pretty much came by way of what i described in my original post. my pattern has been:

do so-so
lose buy-ins
make buy-ins back +
lose buy-ins
do so-so [breakeven]
make some buy-ins back
lose some
lose some more
do so-so
when some back
a lil more
lose some
lose some more
lose
lose
lose
lose
lose in every imaginable way, especially on the river to the worse hand.
Old 08-20-2005, 01:00 AM

I dont make a ton of money at stars. Im playing the $5.50's and the $6.50 turbos, I have some leaks in my bubble play that Im trying to plug and overcome. The players are absolutley horrible there and its tough when they get lucky on you. Like All in PF agaisnt QQ and AJ and guy rivers a 2nd jack. Play some more tourneys and see how it goes. Just cause you think your not a Breakeven player doesnt mean your a winning player. Post some hands and let some people give you advice.
Old 08-20-2005, 02:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im not a break even player.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got that right brother.

[/ QUOTE ]
nh
Old 08-20-2005, 03:23 AM

<font color="white">OOh, this one's going to be fun:</font>

In fact very few people are making money off stars. There's a large people who have the "jinxed" accounts, like you, that are doomed to lose everything they put into the site. The rest of us have bought into stars at the beginning and became "elite" members. We invested in the site at the beginning and now are gauranteed to win in the long run. The only way to become and Elite member now is to purchase the status from someone who got it at the beginning, usually at a hefty markup.

If you would like more information about Elite member status, PM the Yugoslavian.

citanul
Old 08-20-2005, 03:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

If you would like more information about Elite member status, PM the Yugoslavian.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah....if I can just have them stop me from playing ridiculously drunk and from playign 3 HU games at once (1 vs. Irieguy) then I'm not sure I'll ever lose.

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 08-20-2005, 04:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="white">OOh, this one's going to be fun:</font>

In fact very few people are making money off stars. There's a large people who have the "jinxed" accounts, like you, that are doomed to lose everything they put into the site. The rest of us have bought into stars at the beginning and became "elite" members. We invested in the site at the beginning and now are gauranteed to win in the long run. The only way to become and Elite member now is to purchase the status from someone who got it at the beginning, usually at a hefty markup.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought poker champs was the only pyramid poker site, damn.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:57 AM

Since you asked, I'm running well at stars SNG's this month, and I've played over 250 them so far.

Plus, you're retarded.
Old 08-20-2005, 06:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Since you asked, I'm running well at stars SNG's this month, and I've played over 250 them so far.

Plus, you're retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel like I'm now retarded after reading this thread.
Old 08-20-2005, 07:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i'm sucking up carbon monoxide this month on PS. it's been a slow, agonizing torture. with the exception of about a three week period leading up to July 4th, the last three months or so have been poisonous. with as many river beats that i've suffered over that time frame, [paranoia] is definitely one word that would describe it along with UN- F#..KNG REAL! ok, that's two words. -funny how i've never had the same equivalent good luck that i've had with bad that i hear so many people talk about-

[/ QUOTE ]

How did I know that you would be the one poster to respond to this post with a heartfelt, "I feel your pain" reply? It's nice to see that you've found a friend. Maybe you guys should write to 2+2 about setting up a bad beats forum. You could even be the moderator.

Keep playing poker. You guys are obviously very good players who have been flagged by the poker software to have bad beats. But I'm sure that eventually the glitch in the programs will be fixed and you can begin to experience the success that you deserve.

<font color="white"> And please start playing on PartyPoker. I want to buy a bigscreen tv for football season. <font color="white"> </font>