Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-19-2005, 11:44 PM

Default any1 making money at stars?

ive played 30sngs at the 10 1 level and have won $1. im not a break even player. is any1 making money at the PS sngs or did they rig it so good players only break even. im a little worried that the us government has forced online poker sites to only let formely winning players break even. maybe im just being paranoid, but id like to hear from people who are actually making money at PS sngs over the long haul.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:47 PM

Default Re: any1 making money at stars?

[ QUOTE ]
im a little worried that the us government has forced online poker sites to only let formely winning players break even.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

edit:
to answer your question, I don't play on Stars but 30 is way too small a sample to be worried. You could be solidly a winning player and be down a fair bit after only 30 SNGs. If you are a winning player just keep at it.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:51 PM

If you think 30 sngs is a sample then maybe you're not a winner.

"im a little worried that the us government has forced online poker sites to only let formely winning players break even"

ok...

There are definately winners at stars sngs (posting here).
Old 08-19-2005, 11:53 PM

i played a 20 dollar heads up tournament and won. i guess they didnt block me from winning.. then again.. i may not be a winner, so i win. savvy? holla
Old 08-19-2005, 11:59 PM

what does savvy and holla mean? i m just wondering how people are doing this month at the ps sngs. please quell my paranoia. holla, (whatever the expletive that means)
Old 08-20-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ive played 30sngs at the 10 1 level

[/ QUOTE ]
Does he have a large enough sample size? Check.

[ QUOTE ]
and have won $1. im not a break even player.

[/ QUOTE ]
Is there an anomoly in his statistics? Well... could a winning player possibly break even over 30 sng's? NO!!!!! So check.

[ QUOTE ]
is any1 making money at the PS sngs

[/ QUOTE ]
You know, now that I think of it... I don't think I've seen any postings of good Stars stats lately. Hm.... what's going on here? I don't get it, what gives?

[ QUOTE ]
or did they rig it so good players only break even. im a little worried that the us government has forced online poker sites to only let formely winning players break even.

[/ QUOTE ]
Oh. This makes sense. Perfect sense. It's all coming together now...

In all seriousness, this might be the most ridiculous thing that I've ever read. I would have assumed you were kidding, only it's blatantly obvious that you aren't. I don't know whether to laugh or to cry.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
what does savvy and holla mean? i m just wondering how people are doing this month at the ps sngs. please quell my paranoia. holla, (whatever the expletive that means)

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm sucking up carbon monoxide this month on PS. it's been a slow, agonizing torture. with the exception of about a three week period leading up to July 4th, the last three months or so have been poisonous. with as many river beats that i've suffered over that time frame, [paranoia] is definitely one word that would describe it along with UN- F#..KNG REAL! ok, that's two words. -funny how i've never had the same equivalent good luck that i've had with bad that i hear so many people talk about-
Old 08-20-2005, 12:24 AM

Default OH!

...and my sample is definitely way larger than yours. hope this does'nt give you more bad luck.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im not a break even player.

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got that right brother.
Old 08-20-2005, 12:36 AM

no ones making money at stars

in fact, no ones ever played for 'the long haul'. you've done it dan123, you've played 30 SnGs. that's 'the long haul'. your sample size is huge, it seems the site is rigged.