Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2004, 05:27 PM

Default Re: Kerry \"leading,\" even according to Gallup

Grey HAD a problem and spoke up about it. Gallop corrected the problem. Why would grey complain now that the poll is accurate. The fact that Gallop changed the way they did things indicated that they realized they were doing something wrong, just like grey told you.
Old 10-13-2004, 06:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
A Sept. 15 Gallup poll showed Bush leading by 13 points, prompting some to conclude the election was over. Today's NY Times has a story about newly worried GOP operators and Gallup just released a new poll showing Kerry leading by a point, with Bush's popularity on the plummet again.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't really watch Gallup to tell ya the truth. I put my money on Zogby since he was the best in predicting the last election.

Zogby's WSJ poll
Old 10-13-2004, 06:12 PM

grey stated that Gallup was in the Republicans camp and that Gallup was intentionally using the poll results to promote the Bush campaign.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:27 AM

Default The money lines are still for Bush

Until I see a shift in the money lines, I'm not buying.
Old 10-14-2004, 05:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
grey stated that Gallup was in the Republicans camp and that Gallup was intentionally using the poll results to promote the Bush campaign

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh. My mistake. Still, in his defense, he was correct that Gallup was oversampling Republicans. The buzz around liberal circles was that they were doing this intentionally. It is possible that they really were doing this to help Bush, but the heat that Moveon and others put on Gallup made them change out of fear of losing all legitimacy. I admit this is far-fetched, Gallup is probably doing their best. Still, you can see how liberal might get upset with 55-40 for Bush with 38 rep/ 31 dem sample sizes.
Old 10-14-2004, 09:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Still, you can see how liberal might get upset with 55-40 for Bush with 38 rep/ 31 dem sample sizes.

[/ QUOTE ]

No I can't when there's a lot of other polls indicating something much different and the only poll that counts is November 2, 2004. Never was the reaction the poll is flawed due to a sampling error, it was the poll is flawed due to a right wing conspiracy. I would think that someone with some intellectual honesty might actually post and admit that there was another possible explanation that is more plausible than the one they presented.