PDA

View Full Version : What's wrong with the SS forum.

Pages : 1 [2]

thomastem
01-21-2004, 06:28 PM
I was so busy at work today this is my first chance to review Grey Poupon's master piece and defining post of all that is good in the ss.

To let a whole day go by would be blaspheny!

crockb00n
01-24-2004, 11:55 AM
BUMP

TylerD
01-25-2004, 06:33 PM
Has anyone read all these posts?

Gamblor
01-26-2004, 11:11 AM
Stagemusic claims to have, TWICE.

I asked him if he had any friends. He declined to respond.

Let's shoot for the stars: 300, here we come!

thomastem
01-26-2004, 01:42 PM
Since the masses kept the post up over the weekend I figured it is time to get the discussion going again.

Can the ss forum be fixed? Can those posting on ss live up to Poupon standards? Perhaps there should be a forum called "Until you are accepted by Rkiray forum" where posters can practice and eventually graduate to Pouponism.

Stagemusic
01-27-2004, 09:18 AM
Ummm Gamblor,

I did respond. Right after your post. I must have read it for the same reason I am responding to you now...very very bored. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gamblor
01-27-2004, 10:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Not a lot of friends, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...nice shot. Actually, it was a little boring this morning at work

I did respond.

I don't see a "yes" or "no" here, so is it safe to assume you are skirting the issue? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hutz
01-28-2004, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Actually, if after 100 votes, there are more combined votes for its demise, I will lock it. At this point it would be a shame to delete it entirely.

Mat

[/ QUOTE ]

The votes are in and a combined fifty-one people have voted to nuke or lock this abortion of a thread. Given Mat's 100-vote cap on the polling, that means an insurmountable majority has voted to stop the madness and there shouldn't be any reason to leave the polls open any longer. Mat, will you please do the honors?

Inthacup
01-28-2004, 03:13 PM
You discrace the name and image of Lionel Hutz.

Wake up CALL
01-28-2004, 03:16 PM
Hutz,

How can you advocate nuking this thread when you considered it noteworty enough in which to post yourself? Is this the same as refusing to join any club so foolish as to choose you for membership? /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I think you are against this thread mainly because Thomasterm is for it. Lol

ArchAngel71857
01-28-2004, 03:47 PM
"Well, we lost, so here's your pizza."

"Mr. Hutz, we won."

"It's ok! The box is empty!"

Really, guys,

Stop posting on this. I know some of you have a problem finishing things. It's exactly like that time.....

hutz
01-28-2004, 05:07 PM
Mr. CALL: I, and fifty other voters, believe this thread should be closed because it has run way past its useful life. Had it continued to be a place to discuss how to make a useful forum (the SS forum) better, I wouldn't have supported its closure. Instead, it is being used as a place for one poster (TT) to carry out some vendetta against another (rkiray) and as a playtoy/spamming ground for people who apparently enjoy causing others grief by gumming up this forum.

Mr. 'cup: The fact I was the one who pointed out the results of the voting is not a "discrace" (try www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) next time) but personally attacking me for having done so is.

Wake up CALL
01-28-2004, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the answer Mr. Hutz. Personally I believe the thread is still useful since it reminds us of the original folly in the initial premise. History should be shared and used to learn not locked up or nuked into oblivion.

Wake

Gamblor
01-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I think that people are taking it too easy on other players.

I remember the days when all the old school guys would rip me an new hole critiquing my play.

What do you think?

thomastem
01-29-2004, 11:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Mr. CALL: I, and fifty other voters, believe this thread should be closed because it has run way past its useful life. Had it continued to be a place to discuss how to make a useful forum (the SS forum) better, I wouldn't have supported its closure. Instead, it is being used as a place for one poster (TT) to carry out some vendetta against another (rkiray) and as a playtoy/spamming ground for people who apparently enjoy causing others grief by gumming up this forum.

Mr. 'cup: The fact I was the one who pointed out the results of the voting is not a "discrace" (try www.dictionary.com (http://www.dictionary.com) next time) but personally attacking me for having done so is.

[/ QUOTE ]

So everyone that voted to keep it want to cause grief and gum up the forum? How many people do you want to piss off? Can you bring yourself to tell the mod every week if 20-30 speak their mind on what they think of your posts and opinion?