PDA

View Full Version : SNG Bankroll- Long Term

10-05-2005, 09:48 PM
Hey guys, I've been playing PartyPoker SNG's for a while with good profit. But I've been cashing out too much and busting when I go in a bad streak. I've decided to stop cashing out and start building. How many Buy-ins should I have for 55$ SNG's if I am not going to cash out? (If I get too low, I would move down limits)

I've heard anywhere between 50 buy-ins to upwards of 125.

Freudian
10-05-2005, 09:49 PM
You should be fine with 50 buyins if you are prepared to move down if a monster downswing hits.

chisness
10-05-2005, 09:55 PM
keep 50 online and i'd recommend instead of moving down if a bad run comes, redeposit. this should be very rare, but unless you're suffering psychologically, it doesn't make sense to start earning less money just because you're on a downslide (unless you don't have more to redeposit).

10-05-2005, 10:00 PM
I do have more money to deposit, but it's simply not in my interest to do so. I realize your point, chisness; I would make more money per hour by putting more money online if I hit a cold streak, but it's a last resort. (I don't quite have the money, I'm just a poor college kid! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Now for a thread hijack for those who have played many a SNG: What's your worst run ever?, and What's your worst consecutive OTM streak ever?

beeyjay
10-05-2005, 10:03 PM
over 40 less than 50 buyin downswing. i dont know how many ootm

luckycharms
10-05-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do have more money to deposit, but it's simply not in my interest to do so. I realize your point, chisness; I would make more money per hour by putting more money online if I hit a cold streak, but it's a last resort. (I don't quite have the money, I'm just a poor college kid! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif)

Now for a thread hijack for those who have played many a SNG: What's your worst run ever?, and What's your worst consecutive OTM streak ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was out of the money for honestly like 12 in a row once.... it was just one of those nights where there's just something about the tables that make it impossible to win. You get all-in, half the time your the fave, half the time you're not, but no matter what, you lose. It took me like an hour to go through 12 while fourtabling. It was the only time in my life when I agreed with the NRA

ilya
10-05-2005, 10:07 PM
I would recommend 75-100 buyins if you want to keep stress levels down.

lacky
10-05-2005, 10:10 PM
yup, i always used 100 buyins, and would move down if I got to 50 buyins(which never happened, but that was the plan).

MegaBet
10-05-2005, 11:32 PM
sigh....search function....

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=3583582&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1

MegaBet
10-05-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
yup, i always used 100 buyins, and would move down if I got to 50 buyins(which never happened, but that was the plan).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah? And what happens when you lose your modesty? /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pokerponcho
10-05-2005, 11:45 PM
I did only 30 buy-ins and I would usually play one or two at a time. Allowing myself to focus I had much better EV per game, especially when I am deciding whether or not to move in with four guys left in the tournament.

Four tabling, you can't win as much as two tabling in my opinion.

I played about 20 a day for over a month to pay rent a while back. I don't think I lost more than 10 in a row. But most of the time I won one I went back-to-back, too.

Limit poker, I need about 500 big bets to be comfortable. But sit 'n gos are more skill if you have a really strong endgame.

My free sit 'n go advice. Play only two and concentrate on your endgame.

pokerponcho

Pasterbator
10-06-2005, 01:57 AM
I 4table the 22s and i play with 75 buyins. I will never play a higher level until i have 75 buyins for that level. It really does reduce the stress level.

And if i drop below 30, which i shouldnt, i move down.

chisness
10-06-2005, 02:48 AM
i agree with the stress thing, but if you are UP a lot in the past and can easily redeposit, it doesn't really make sense to keep that many online

especially in the 100s or 200s where $2500 or $5000 can be earning some good interest in a bank or the market

lacky
10-07-2005, 02:39 PM
well, that's the idea behind the plan. Most people don't run into 50 buy-in downturns. They can happen, but are rare. my worst so far is 38 buyins.

Steve

10-07-2005, 03:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did only 30 buy-ins and I would usually play one or two at a time. Allowing myself to focus I had much better EV per game, especially when I am deciding whether or not to move in with four guys left in the tournament.

Four tabling, you can't win as much as two tabling in my opinion.

I played about 20 a day for over a month to pay rent a while back. I don't think I lost more than 10 in a row. But most of the time I won one I went back-to-back, too.

Limit poker, I need about 500 big bets to be comfortable. But sit 'n gos are more skill if you have a really strong endgame.

My free sit 'n go advice. Play only two and concentrate on your endgame.

pokerponcho

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this advice. Although I do know that there are many many part time or even full time sng pros out there that are four, eight, or even twelve tabling... for me... it doesnt work so well.

I much prefer to 2 table where I find my ROI and ITM going up and staying up over a long period of time. I dont know, must be the concentration levels or something. LOL!