Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 09:48 PM

Default SNG Bankroll- Long Term

Hey guys, I've been playing PartyPoker SNG's for a while with good profit. But I've been cashing out too much and busting when I go in a bad streak. I've decided to stop cashing out and start building. How many Buy-ins should I have for 55$ SNG's if I am not going to cash out? (If I get too low, I would move down limits)

I've heard anywhere between 50 buy-ins to upwards of 125.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:49 PM

Default Re: SNG Bankroll- Long Term

You should be fine with 50 buyins if you are prepared to move down if a monster downswing hits.
Old 10-05-2005, 09:55 PM

keep 50 online and i'd recommend instead of moving down if a bad run comes, redeposit. this should be very rare, but unless you're suffering psychologically, it doesn't make sense to start earning less money just because you're on a downslide (unless you don't have more to redeposit).
Old 10-05-2005, 10:00 PM

I do have more money to deposit, but it's simply not in my interest to do so. I realize your point, chisness; I would make more money per hour by putting more money online if I hit a cold streak, but it's a last resort. (I don't quite have the money, I'm just a poor college kid! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Now for a thread hijack for those who have played many a SNG: What's your worst run ever?, and What's your worst consecutive OTM streak ever?
Old 10-05-2005, 10:03 PM

over 40 less than 50 buyin downswing. i dont know how many ootm
Old 10-05-2005, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do have more money to deposit, but it's simply not in my interest to do so. I realize your point, chisness; I would make more money per hour by putting more money online if I hit a cold streak, but it's a last resort. (I don't quite have the money, I'm just a poor college kid! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img])

Now for a thread hijack for those who have played many a SNG: What's your worst run ever?, and What's your worst consecutive OTM streak ever?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was out of the money for honestly like 12 in a row once.... it was just one of those nights where there's just something about the tables that make it impossible to win. You get all-in, half the time your the fave, half the time you're not, but no matter what, you lose. It took me like an hour to go through 12 while fourtabling. It was the only time in my life when I agreed with the NRA
Old 10-05-2005, 10:07 PM

I would recommend 75-100 buyins if you want to keep stress levels down.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:10 PM

yup, i always used 100 buyins, and would move down if I got to 50 buyins(which never happened, but that was the plan).
Old 10-05-2005, 11:32 PM

sigh....search function....

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/sh...;o=14&vc=1
Old 10-05-2005, 11:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yup, i always used 100 buyins, and would move down if I got to 50 buyins(which never happened, but that was the plan).

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah? And what happens when you lose your modesty? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]