PDA

View Full Version : The Real Reason for the War

Mason Malmuth
03-09-2003, 06:23 PM
http://www.exopolitics.org/Study-Paper2.htm

brad
03-09-2003, 06:30 PM
'This paradigm starts with the premise that there exists an extraterrestrial (ET) presence on Earth which clandestine government organizations have been withholding knowledge of from the general public and elected public officials.'

first you post a losing hand and now this!

i want to go on record as being on record as saying that illegal immigration must be stopped!

Mason Malmuth
03-09-2003, 06:34 PM
I bet Ray Zee knows something about this and has been withholding all these years.

MM

brad
03-09-2003, 06:39 PM
if his hair has always been white and not an age related thing i think we need an investigation immediately.

BruceZ
03-09-2003, 06:47 PM
Mason, we mustn't frighten the earthlings.

Ray Zee
03-09-2003, 09:33 PM
the shuttle was blown up because it violated restricted airspace near bush's ranch. no one is safe from the politicians.

as far as those big eyed visitors from space. einstein told us time slows down as you go faster, so they cant here from there.

the ones we think come from outerspace come from inside the earths crust, thats the real conspiracy.

Zeno
03-09-2003, 11:02 PM
Holy Ezekiel!

Mason, have all those pills final taken their toll?

Isn't our geopolitics mixed up enough without this exopolitics? Anyway, I am comforted that Ray Zee has all this well in hand. Thank God!

-Zeno

scalf
03-09-2003, 11:24 PM
/forums/images/icons/blush.gif of course..the garden of eden was between tigris and euphrates...makes sense to me...gl /forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

BruceZ
03-10-2003, 03:00 AM
as far as those big eyed visitors from space. einstein told us time slows down as you go faster, so they cant here from there.

Actually Ray, it means they can get here from there. Since time slows for you as you approach the speed of light, if you travel close enough to the speed of light, you can cover vast distances of space in a time which to you would be relatively short. You could travel hundreds or thousands of light years, and for you it would only take a few months, a few hours, or a even just a few seconds depending how close you were to the speed of light. If it were possible to travel at exactly the speed of light, then you could cover infinte distances in an instant since time would stop for you. You do use some time while you are accelerating and while you are decelerating once you reach your destination.

You might think that approaching the speed of light is difficult, but actually all it requires is to sustain an acceleration equal to the force of gravity (1G) for 1 year. Of course sustaining this acceleration requires enormous energy, especially since your mass goes to infinity as you approach the speed of light (which is why you can never quite reach that velocity); however, it is possible to build a large "light sail" which uses momentum of light from the sun and stars to achieve this acceleration. Fusion powered vehicles are another option.

A disadvantage of this method of travel is that when you get back, centuries have passed and all your friends are dead, and your own planet may not even exist anymore. However, Einstein's general relativity suggests a way that even this could be countered in theory. It holds for the possibility that in some regions of space, space-time could be warped in such a way that you could travel a path between two points that is shorter than the path that light would take. This would actually allow you to go backwards in time. The more laps you make between these two points, the more time from your trip you could "unwind". It is not known if such places in space exist; however, notice that if they do exist anywhere in the universe, you have plenty of time to try and find them if you can travel close to the speed of light. I would suggest sending a probe out first to find such places, and then use them to unwind time. We'd know it worked since the probe would appear before we ever built it /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

The first method, however, slowing time in your reference when traveling close to the speed of light, only requires an advance of technology. The physics that supports this is well established.

Ray Zee
03-10-2003, 10:42 AM
thanks bruce, i do know relativity theory fairly well. at least some of what you propose.

but my quip was einstein combined with yoggi berra.

AmericanAirlines
03-10-2003, 03:54 PM
"...Gort Verda Nikto..."

LOL!

AmericanAirlines
03-10-2003, 04:00 PM
http://www.dreamerwww.com/images2/gort_l.gif

I have Pocket Rockets Earthling!!!

TobDog
03-10-2003, 09:44 PM
Man, I thought Art Bell retired!

Ray Zee
03-10-2003, 11:02 PM
from my distant memory--- of one of the best old sci fi movies ever. the day the earth stood still with michael rennie

gort-- nicko verada necto

gort-- miringa

Gus Contos
03-11-2003, 01:21 AM
Straight from imdb.com, here is the real quote:

Helen: Gort! Klaatu barada nikto!

For more, see QuotesFromDTESS (http://us.imdb.com/Quotes?0043456)

I think it's important to get this stuff right. First, I hate to hear great literature mangled. Second, if you say this wrong, you could inadvertantly call down a strike from the Mothership that constantly circles the Earth.

GC

Ray Zee
03-11-2003, 10:18 AM
not bad having only seen it once as a kid and then again many years back. still waiting on the edge of my not 800 dollar pretty boy chair to see it again.

they didnt say what miringa was. i remember he said that when needed gort to help.

AmericanAirlines
03-17-2003, 08:01 PM
Couldn't resist after reading Mason's cited article.

Anyways, I think Machiavelli said something to the effect:

"All conflict arises from the need to provision. Since we never know how much is enough, our need to provision is endless..."

I think I saw that Quote in "Warrior Politics" by Robert Kaplan. His basic argument is that "ancient times haven't left us yet, so we should use the tactics that worked then".

Personally I agree that the times have not left. But I disagree on his proposed solution.

Many folks see "The Prince" as "The Answer". Personally, I see it as "The Problem".

If we can't get past Machiavellism, we haven't made an inch of progress since 1488, when it was written.

Sincerely,
AA