PDA

View Full Version : (Low Content) Straight Flush Post

tubbyspencer
10-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Heads Up Match on PS $5 + .25

Comments welcome...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1200)
Hero (t1800)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t120) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t120) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t20</font>, BB calls t20.

Final Pot: t160

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 9c Qc (high card, queen).
Hero has 9h 6h (straight flush, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins t160. </font>

It's my second straight flush in 1 year of online playing... no real content here - unless someone wants to comment on how to extract more from this - I jus tthought it was pretty /images/graemlins/smile.gif

booger
10-01-2004, 09:33 PM
bet the flop, the turn , and the river...i flopped a straight flush with the 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif with a flop of 3 /images/graemlins/heart.gif5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif6 /images/graemlins/heart.gifon a nl table with a guy holding 66, min bet he raised i called, turn another 3 giving him the boat and all chips hit the felt /images/graemlins/grin.gif. flopped one other one in limit play and got calls to the end.

NorCalJosh
10-02-2004, 05:25 AM
i'd have to agree, at that level, i'd wager he'd call bets on all streets.

ilya
10-02-2004, 03:00 PM
All-in on the turn! He only needs to call you like 2% of the time to make it higher EV than checking and betting 20 on the river. And even if he only calls you 0.5% of the time, and your EV is thus lower, it's still a better play than betting 20 IMO. Considering the boredom &amp; misclick factors, you just can't go wrong with an all-in! I mean, come on, don't you think he's gonna call you at least once in 200 times?

I'm mildly serious, I guess...another option would be to make some reasonable pot-size bets as people suggest.