Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2004, 09:14 PM

Default (Low Content) Straight Flush Post

Heads Up Match on PS $5 + .25

Comments welcome...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (2 handed) converter

BB (t1200)
Hero (t1800)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, BB calls t40.

Flop: (t120) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t120) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t120) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets t20</font>, BB calls t20.

Final Pot: t160

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB has 9c Qc (high card, queen).
Hero has 9h 6h (straight flush, ten high).
Outcome: Hero wins t160. </font>

It's my second straight flush in 1 year of online playing... no real content here - unless someone wants to comment on how to extract more from this - I jus tthought it was pretty [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2004, 09:33 PM

Default Re: (Low Content) Straight Flush Post

bet the flop, the turn , and the river...i flopped a straight flush with the 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] with a flop of 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]on a nl table with a guy holding 66, min bet he raised i called, turn another 3 giving him the boat and all chips hit the felt [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. flopped one other one in limit play and got calls to the end.
Old 10-02-2004, 05:25 AM

i'd have to agree, at that level, i'd wager he'd call bets on all streets.
Old 10-02-2004, 03:00 PM

All-in on the turn! He only needs to call you like 2% of the time to make it higher EV than checking and betting 20 on the river. And even if he only calls you 0.5% of the time, and your EV is thus lower, it's still a better play than betting 20 IMO. Considering the boredom &amp; misclick factors, you just can't go wrong with an all-in! I mean, come on, don't you think he's gonna call you at least once in 200 times?

I'm mildly serious, I guess...another option would be to make some reasonable pot-size bets as people suggest.