Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2004, 05:08 PM

Default question on hand, and cheating?

let me start with some stats from the hand. UTG is a LAG. I have played 150 or so hands at this table against him. Pokertracker has him seeing 94% flops, and 42%pre flop raising. (party $100nl 6 max table) My stack size is $135, his is $250 (more on this to come). I am the button and find AA. He is UTG and raises to 5. UTG+1 calls, I re-raise to $25. LAG calls, UTG+1 folds.
flop is 55J rainbow. LAG checks, and I bet $40...he calls??
turn 5.
he checks, I check.
river is a 7.
He comes out betting $100, putting me all in. I call.
he shows 25o to take it down.
Just a bad beat right? well after this hand I started thinking about it, and he did not once make a call on the river and show a loser. He either folded, or went all in. Nothing to weird about that, the sign of a good aggressive player (but remember he was seeing 93% of the flops). Then i remembered this hand from about 1/2 hour earlier, and I checked the hand history....is this odd?
Im in EP with KQs. I call, he raises to $5 from the button, and I call. Flop QQQ. I check, he checks. Turn 10. I check, he checks. River is a 5. I check, he checks and doesnt show when I take it down. When I check the hand history after my AA got cracked, I was shocked to see he had 102s. (giving him QQQ1010) Am I just being paranoid? When I left the table he had amased $1000, and had a 100% show down win rate.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:53 PM

Default Re: question on hand, and cheating?

Check with him if i can get in on this deal.
Old 07-04-2004, 07:22 PM

you played that second hand much worse than he did.

as for the first one, he hit quads, i see it everyday.

cheating? no. paranoid? yes
Old 07-04-2004, 09:30 PM

I don't really know too much about the rumors of PP paranoia, but that story certainly is odd.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:36 AM

how is checking flopped quads to a habbitual bluffer a bad play? If it is I'll do it again. As far as party poker cheating, I dont buy into that, but I know PEOPLE would if they could, and someone who sees 93% flops, and never shows down a loser, even when he hits the top boat showing on the board (and never bets) is gonna make me think a little. Maybe I am paranoid, and he just ran really well. I have him buddy listed though, and intend to watch his play.