Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2004, 11:46 AM

Default KJ limped from MP, should I have been calling after hitting K?

Limped in with KJo. Flop Kxx. Small flop action lead by villain. Turn is brick, pot is $4 villain bets $2. I call $2, everyone else folds.

Well he's got a king, I'm sure of it, but it could be KQ, KJ or K10. So I'm as likely to have lost as I am to have won and my pot odds are good 3:1. Even if i consider calling the same thing next hand it's 2:1. This assumes people will limp with K10 on UB, sounds reasonable?

River is brick, another $2 bet, well of course I call, having called previously.

He had KQ, some people raise with this, so I think this even further leant the numbers in my favour since his KQ was less likely. But oh well, was this played OK? :S

I limped MP with KJo, would you guys limp EP? What about with K10o? I wouldn't limp with K10o, so was I wrong to count this possibility? At 10c/25c I've seen a lot worse limped [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].

Thanks
Old 07-02-2004, 12:10 PM

Default Re: KJ limped from MP, should I have been calling after hitting K?

I don't usually limp in EP or MP with KJo KJs. I can do in late position if no raise. I don't think it's a good idea to limp with it EP or MP, you will often be faced to a raise after you or playing it out of position is kinda hard.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:17 PM

Default Re: KJ limped from MP, should I have been calling after hitting K?

Unless you are a great player, KJ will undoubtly cause you more grief than anything. You'll lose more than you'll make with it if you play it in EP or MP. I don't find it necessary to play at low limits NL online games. If you are playing .25/.50 or .5/1 just toss it, there is plenty of money to be won without playing it. You are probably not maximizing your EV by tossing it, but unless it is played perfectly, its not worth it. Like you ran into, its too difficult to figure out if you are beat or not.