Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2004, 07:33 AM

Default Paradise Bonus-Beware, Low Rollers

The new Paradise bonus gives a 20% bonus up to $200 and specifically states that one only has to play a raked hand in order to pursue the bonus. Contacted support and they stated you had to have a raked hand of .25 or more to obtain points. Doesn't mean much to most but if you play the $10 no limit game where there is a rake which is usually less than .25 it is significant. There is no free lunch - the ad is misleading.
Old 07-01-2004, 08:56 AM

Default Re: Paradise Bonus-Beware, Low Rollers

True that they don't actually mention this is in the promo but it is there standard bonus rules.

The Bonus Amount will automatically be added to your Pending Bonus Credit account where it will be held and automatically released to your cash account based on the following easy requirements: For each raked game (minimum rake of $0.25) you play you will receive 1 point and at 100 points we will move $10 from your Pending Bonus Credit account to your cash account
Old 07-01-2004, 09:17 AM

If you play the $10 NL table and fold each hand you can garner approximately an $85 profit-practically risk free-1000 hands-1000 points(rake each hand of @ least .05)--blinds .05/.1--based on a $100 bonus.Blind payments are $15 over 1000 hands-$85 profit.
This type of ad can only mislead-I knew their bonus requirements and wonder if they knew what they were doing-A $10 NL player or bonus seeker could be tricked into buying in,only to be rejected later. No free lunch but the offer was and is egregious.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:36 AM

That's partially the idea. These companies aren't governed by any national authority, so if they can get some people to buy in who hadn't read about the 25 cent min rake thing, then they'll be making more money and the players have no one to complain to. I've probably done at least 10 Paradise reload offers in the last year and they don't ever mention the 25 cent min rake, but it is on the general promotion rules on the website.
Old 07-01-2004, 10:03 AM

LOL-patently tricky-watch your back--my other contacts with support display that very arrogance-we do what we want-even at party I didn't notice this so much on the surface.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
so if they can get some people to buy in who hadn't read about the 25 cent min rake thing, then they'll be making more money

[/ QUOTE ]

how will they be making more money?? if you are playing on a table that frequently rakes just $0.10 for most hands they are hardly making a profit off of you.
if you are watching your points accumulate you should realize fairly quickly that the points are not adding up as you originally expected they should.

if it takes you a whole orbit to figure this out then they probably made about $0.10 off of you ($0.01 per hand)....and, of course, this is the rake you would normally be paying at the table regardless and there's nothing to keep you from actually winning a hand or two or actually being better then the players on the table.

i do agree that paradise can and should be more up front about the $0.25 minimum for each raked hand to qualify.....but they are hardly making a profit off of it. if anything, they are hurting themselves because they WANT you to play at the higher rake tables.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL-patently tricky-watch your back--my other contacts with support display that very arrogance-we do what we want-even at party I didn't notice this so much on the surface.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting. I've actually found Paradise support to be unusually good and helpful (also very very fast). While I agree that it would be better to state the $0.25 minimum in all the ads, I suspect it's probably an oversight rather than a trick. Until recently, they didn't even have the microlimit and very low buy-in NL tables, so it wasn't much of an issue.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:50 PM

good point...they added all these different tables and probably forgot to add the various stipulations on their rules and regs.

also...it's worth noting that the paradise bonus actually clears faster then a lot of other sites (including UB and stars).
if you're playing below 1/2, then i think party (and skins) is really the only place where it won't take an exceedingly long time to clear a bonus.

most sites will take much much longer at the micro-levels including:
UB, paradise, stars, pacific, pokerroom and absolute

paradise certainly doesn't deserve to be singled out for how long it takes to clear a bonus since it is just as fast, if not faster, then many of the other sites.
Old 07-01-2004, 06:58 PM

Default Kudos to Paradise support

Within the last thirty minutes, I deposited $1000 into my Paradise account, but saw that I was only credited with $100 bonus, rather than the maximum $200 bonus under the 20% promotion.

At 6:38pm I sent support a brief e-mail apprising them of this situation, and asking them to please rectify the matter. At 6:45pm, I received a e-mail response apologizing for this mistake, and stating that the additional money had been added to my account (which it was).

Way to go, Paradise!
Old 07-01-2004, 07:34 PM

Default Re: Kudos to Paradise support

damn, i cant even deposit $1000. my max daily limit is $600 [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]