Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2004, 10:58 PM

Default Help with a maniac

Played a heads up tourney tonight and ran into a maniac. We both started with T1000. I got up to T1100 to his T900 by winning a few hands then he went maniacle (sp?) and no matter what I did, he raised all in on every hand. I know he had to have some pretty crappy hands but the best I had in the span of 12 hands was a KTo, not even any pocket pairs. I was down to T560 and had a AKo and caught him to take back the lead and he slowed down for a few hands but then when I was back up to T1200 on him he started going all in again. On the final hand he was about T100 chips ahead of me and I had AJ suited. I raised to 3x the BB, he went all-in and I called. He had K5o and hit his K on the turn. With all his all-in's I knew I was going to have to take a chance at some point and roll the 50/50 dice. Figured the AJ was a decent shot. Thoughts?
Old 06-30-2004, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Help with a maniac

If he's raising with everything you should call with KT without even thinking about it.
In your situation AJ was more than good enough.
Old 06-30-2004, 07:41 AM

So, he's doing nothing but AI AI AI AI AI AI?

It becomes any pair, any Axs, Kxs, 98s-AKs, A9o-AKo, 9To-AQo and you call with ANY of those....
Might even dip to Qxs.

Plus any one or two gapper where lowest card is an 8 or higher, any 97 works for me too.

He's not even playing poker at this point so you go in with any good drawing hand or better...

Hope you outdraw him 1 or 2 times, and it's over...

You could also go AI when you are first to act instead of them, to give them a taste....

-Bri
Old 06-30-2004, 10:11 AM

Thanks. Thought I was playing poker and not the lottery but who knows. Sometimes they suck out and some times they don't. In this case he did and I now have him on my avoid list unless its a ring game =)
Old 06-30-2004, 10:16 AM

I would look at a table of how hands do against a random hand and consider everything that is say 75% or better against a random hand a call. The 75% is a swag, there is a right number but I am too lazy to try to figure that out right now. I find a list of how hands do against various numbers of random hands run through the river to be handy (no pun intended). I made my own with a little monte carlo I wrote, but I am sure you could find some already done if you search.
Old 06-30-2004, 03:01 PM

Why is he on your avoid list? He is easy to play against. You will easily make tons of money off of this guy.

-rory