Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2004, 10:32 PM

Default Did I miss a bet on the River? Should I have checked the Turn?

OK..I just sat down at this table. No reads on anyone.

Pacific 3/6

Bellzz posts 3 in CO J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].

UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, LP1 folds, bellzz checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

6 to flop for 6sb

Flop

2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

3 checks, MP2 bets, bellzz calls, button calls,SB raises, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, bellzz calls, button calls.

6 to Turn for 8.66BB

Turn is 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

4 checks, bellzz bets, button calls, SB raises, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, bellzz calls, button calls.

4 to River for 16.5BB

River is a T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

SB bets, UTG+1 raises, bellzz calls, button folds, SB calls.

SB mucks, UTG+1 shows 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Bellzz wins the pot of 22.5BB

So... SB c/r'd the flop. I figured him for KJ or QJ or something vulnerable. And there was also a bunch of draws out there with all the callers.

Turn. Maybe the QT hit. Checked to me. In hindsight I think I should have taken the free card here since a couple of draws may hit and the SB may raise again. But I bet anyway because I had outs to the straight and the flush and I had top pair. Those ten outs probably weren't good though since I would have made the small end of the straight...DUH!

River-

Well pretty good card. UTG+1's raise makes me worry though. I figured KQs or Axs. So I just called. Should I have raised here since only 3 hands could beat me?

Thanks,

Bellzz
Old 06-26-2004, 10:38 PM

Default Re: Did I miss a bet on the River? Should I have checked the Turn?

The pot is big, and you really don't want any overcards (except the heart ones) to come on the river. I think a turn bet is in order.

Why didn't you raise the flop after the SB had check-raised though? You've got a TON of people in there, so you would've made a lot of money with your flush draw. Sure, sometimes you will lose even if your flush hits, but that happens so infrequently that I don't worry too much about it. And in this particular case, all those players involved in this pot would make up for it, I think.
Old 06-26-2004, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Why didn't you raise the flop after the SB had check-raised though? You've got a TON of people in there, so you would've made a lot of money with your flush draw. Sure, sometimes you will lose even if your flush hits, but that happens so infrequently that I don't worry too much about it. And in this particular case, all those players involved in this pot would make up for it, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting point. dunno why I didn't raise there.. guess I was worried about overcards/or a bigger flush... But if I though that.. why did I continue in the first place??? Again nice point.. I should have re-raised the flop.

Bellzz
Old 06-26-2004, 10:57 PM

I think that if you don't lose a bit of money with a flush to a bigger flush, then you may be playing a bit too weak.

I wouldn't worry about the SB since he check-raised the turn. As for raising the river or not, I don't know. I think raising is in order if you're pretty sure the SB will come along, since him calling should make up for the times you're behind to a higher flush. If you're unsure about the SB coming along, I don't know.