Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2004, 06:31 PM

Default Wow did I suck this one up

asdf1234 has been sweating me for awhile, and then this came up.

UTG is a total wackjob. By now the table has got to know this unless they are totally not paying attention. He plays 36% of his hands, raises 18% of them and goes to showdown 42%. I don't have any real read on the CO.

I really don't know if I should even call in the bb with this. I think it's real close. ASDF doesn't konw either, he says do what you want, he'd probably call given the maniac.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG raises, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO 3-bets, Button folds, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG caps, CO calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (12.66 SB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG bets, CO raises, Hero calls, UTG calls.

I NEEDED to bet this flop. Wow did I f up. If the button has AK i gotta pray he'll fold to my bet and the maniacs raise to clean up my outs if I dont make my flush. I tried to get tricky so they wouldn't put me on spades. STUPID.

Turn: (9.33 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG folds, CO raises, Hero calls.

I think given how I played the hand, this is ok.

River: (13.33 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO bets, Hero calls.

Of course I'm making the crying call.

Final Pot: 15.33 BB

I bet most people argue muck pf. Gotta lead the flop, right?
Old 06-21-2004, 06:39 PM

Default Re: Wow did I suck this one up

I may be missing something, but I think this is a super-easy call in the BB. This is because CO's raise is a very likely an attempt to isolate UTG.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I may be missing something, but I think this is a super-easy call in the BB. This is because CO's raise is a very likely an attempt to isolate UTG.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's precisely WHY I called. I just don't know if it's a good enough reason. I'm out of position with a possibly completely dominated hand, 3 handed. The suitedness can't help a TON.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that's precisely WHY I called. I just don't know if it's a good enough reason. I'm out of position with a possibly completely dominated hand, 3 handed. The suitedness can't help a TON.

[/ QUOTE ]
Frankly, I think that your hand is better than the average hand that CO would attempt to isolate with. CO could have as little as AT, especially if UTG likes to raise with any A like many LAGs do. Position doesn't matter too much because you can play off the maniac. And yes, that does mean you need to bet the flop.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:34 PM

Bet the flop.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:52 PM

er I would cap it preflop in this kind of situation all the time.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:51 PM

pf is fine, two bets when you know UTG is a maniac is fine. check-3 bet the flop. rest of the hand i'd play the same.