Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2004, 03:03 PM

Default I just won a 27+2 PokerStars sat....

... and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna un-register from todays $250K and use it to play SNGs. That gives me $215 tournament dollars to use at Stars. I primarily play SNGs there anyway, so this is a pretty good deal. Plus I see this as a great way to build up my bankroll which is currently pretty tiny.

$30 of it will be merrily donated to the KotZ this week, but what does everyone suggest for the rest of it? I usually play $10+1 1-tables and sometimes 15+1 turbos. Should I think about taking a crack at a couple $20+2s with this?
Old 06-20-2004, 03:40 PM

Default Re: I just won a 27+2 PokerStars sat....

Personally I would just play heads up tournaments with that money. Those tourneys go faster, and are an easy way to turn your tourney dollars into real dollars.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:29 PM

i've won the $3 re-buy satellite tourney's on stars a couple times and that's a $215 pay-out as well.

you don't have to turn them into 'regular' dollars right-away if you don't want to. take as long as you like (i don't think they expire) and just treat them pretty much as 'real' money.

you can use them for another $27 satellite, or your regular SNG's, etc etc.

if you think you are ready for the $20 SNG's then go ahead and take a shot.
if you are regularly beating the $10 SNG's there then you are probably ready for those of the $20 variety.
Old 06-20-2004, 04:52 PM

I'm in the same situation as Micro. I won $215 in a $3 rebuy (cost me $6 [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]) and then realized that the Sunday tourny was Easter weekend. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I converted them into tourny bucks (there is no expiration date)...used them for several 10+1's, 20+2's, and even threw in a $50+5.

Parlayed the $6 into $215 into just under $900. It worked out great for me since I din't feel I would have cashed that much in the "big one".

Good luck to you in whatever you do. One thing I know..... after that first one you get hooked! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Play well,

Husker
Old 06-20-2004, 04:55 PM

unless you would 'normally' plan on buying in to a $215 tourney, i don't know why you wouldn't convert them into tourney-dollars regardless of whether or not you are available for the bigger event.

nice parlay by the way.