Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2004, 09:51 PM

Default New Card Room at Vicksburg?

I was playing holdem at the Grand in Gulfport this week. One of the players was from the Vicksburg area. He said that the Harrah's there had changed it's name to the Horizon and had opened a poker room. Can anyone comfirm this? If so, what size and limits etc...jb
Old 06-29-2004, 11:28 PM

Default Re: New Card Room at Vicksburg?

I missed this post until just now, but yes - the Horizon in Vicksburg has a "room". Although they are talking about expanding, there are only 4 tables right now.

They mostly just spread Hold'em at the 3/6 & 5/10/20 level, but they just started spreading a $50-$100 buy-in NL game that my buddy cleaned up in last week. He said it was as easy at the 3/6 games he normally plays, so it must have been really soft.

Last time I was there it was a Friday night & the 3/6 game had bigger pots than the 5/10/20 because the crazy drunks on the 3/6 were capping the betting pre-flop with any pair or high suited connectors. I tried to leave the rock-garden "bigger" game & go to the 3/6 but with my name at #25 on the list I never got close.

The staff is VERY accomodating & on weekdays or non-crowded times they will spread whatever people want to play & had a stud game going last time I was there.

I live closer to Vicksburg than to Biloxi, but don't leave Biloxi to come to the Horizon unless you really want to see Vicksburg.

-Napawino