Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2004, 05:25 AM

Default Limping with ATo

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

-UTG(11$ before this) is very loose and semi aggressive. So far I´ve seen 64o and Kx in this spot.

-SB is very loose, passive and weak(He will slow down fast). He chase nothing and calls down with J high. He play s Qx in EP.

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls $5 (All-In).

River: (6.33 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 7.33 BB

--------Edit------------

2) Same two players. Shortstacked guy is the second limper is this.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (7 handed)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, MP2 checks.

River: (3.16 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 5.16 BB
Old 06-19-2004, 05:27 AM

Default Re: Limping with ATo

Could you explain to me why you didn't raise this preflop?

Guido
Old 06-19-2004, 05:30 AM

I wanted SB to come along and it would make it very easy to play.
Not sure if it was correct though.
Old 06-19-2004, 05:34 AM

I think raising is the better choice. You *might* get it HU with that loose UTG fella. If you don't, SB is most likely paying $5 to come in with [censored], and you really don't mind that. Or?
Old 06-19-2004, 05:46 AM

You gotta raise ATo in that position, why do you think the hand will be easier to play if SB comes along? Because the pot is protected some how? I think raising this preflop makes it MUCH easier to play, as is the case with raising in general. Not to mention the fact that you probably have the best hand at the moment..
Old 06-19-2004, 05:49 AM

If I raise, then I would probably have to bet both flop and turn, but if I limp I´m very unlikely to make any mistakes postflop.

The real question is whether the equity I give up preflop is worth it.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:07 AM

Why do you have to bet the flop and turn? I never get that part... Is somebody holding a gun to your head? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Guido
Old 06-19-2004, 06:10 AM

I think you're a much better player than me, but IMO that's incredibly weak thinking. It's always easier to get away from a hand if you don't raise preflop, even when you shouldn't. ATo doesn't play well with others, and by just limping you're giving yourself a much greater chance to lose the hand to the BB/SB's worse hands.
Old 06-19-2004, 06:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you have to bet the flop and turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because these guys will chase without looking at their cards ?
Old 06-19-2004, 06:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
ATo doesn't play well with others, and by just limping you're giving yourself a much greater chance to lose the hand to the BB/SB's worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I also very likely wont make any mistakes postflop.

I dont claim this to be the correct way of playing this hand. I posted it to find out if it was worth giving up some preflop equity in order to lower the chance of making mistakes postflop greatly and having your opponents make bigger mistakes postflop.