Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2004, 01:29 AM

Default Continuing ON.. 6th Street decision in 10-20 Hand..

Hello all,

Sorry for the delay in continuing on with our discussion..

For those of you unfamiliar with this hand.. refer to my posts below entitled..........

Another 10-20 Hand
Another 10-20 Hand.. FOURTH street
Another 10-20 Hand.. Ongoing Saga.. Fifth Street

Anywhoo on to 6th..

O, there was only [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] $464 in the pot after 5th, NOT the $504 I posted in my last response.. ( For the detailed oriented [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

There are 4 of us left for 6th..

ME --K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img])
10 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

I am high now with the Kings ( and less than enthused on what my opponents caught )

I bet $20
Mr "I drop 2 grand already" with the 10-2-2-3 Makes it $40 ( and only has another $40 left mind you )
Q-2-2-3 stops/thinks/looks at pot/prays and puts in $40
A-6-9-9 Makes it $60 [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

What do I do? ( we are changing it around this time )

it is $40 back to me.. $624 pot currently

Final results of it all to follow in a day or two

CJ
Old 06-19-2004, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Continuing ON.. 6th Street decision in 10-20 Hand..

Starting to be a little bit worried about Ac here, he might have (A6) or (Xc Xc) or something else bad for you (AX). Given the pot is the size it is, I call and pray. T223 might have spiked 3's full or something, but who knows. Maybe he has the case aces or something. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-19-2004, 09:50 AM

Close your eyes and call. You ain't folding and whyever would you raise?

I feel king coming!
Old 06-19-2004, 10:15 AM

He raised on all the other streets, didn't he?
Old 06-19-2004, 10:35 AM

It appears to my untrained eyes that you are up against two club flushes. Either that, or the live one raised into two Aces and a Queen with pocket Treys. In any case, it appears that you need to fill to win. There is a small chance that you will make Sevens-full and the guy with the Queen in the door will make Queens full and you'll go off for a few more bets. If you make your flush, which is much more likely than making your full house, you'll probably have to pay off a bet or two because, well, the pot's huge, and King-high flushes don't come along every day. Anyway, I make it that you've seen 22 cards (assuming three folded cards on third that you don't remember now, but presumably if one of them was a King you would have remembered that), leaving 30 unseen, of which four give you the full house. That makes it 6.5:1 against you. Happily, you have succeeded in making this pot so big that even in the likely event that the live one says "what the hell" and caps all-in, you are getting more than sufficient odds. Easy call.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would have preferred it if you had presented this hand all at once. I had to go back and check all the other posts, because I didn't remember all of the details of what happened on the previous streets. Hell, I usually can't remember all of the third-street cards by the time sixth street rolls around when I'm actually playing a hand. This really wouldn't have worked in a hold'em forum.
Old 06-19-2004, 03:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about anyone else, but I would have preferred it if you had presented this hand all at once

[/ QUOTE ]

If you remember, all I was really planning on posting was 3rd street... It wasn't till after when I said, "What the hell" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CJ
Old 06-19-2004, 04:36 PM

Pot is way too big to fold here, obviously, and I actually don't think you are too far behind.

If I were to try to put others on a hand at this point...

I think the 10s have either made their flush, or possibly has the case Aces low, though I'd lean to the former. I doubt he was calling down with pocket 3s.

Qs are the easist to guess in my opinion, and he almost surely has Queens up.

Aces, with the 3 clubs, now probably has aces up. Hopefully he is not full down low. I don't suspect him for the flush, with his re-raise on 3rd, aces up is most likely. Hopefully he didn't have A9 below or a set.

I think if you catch your flush, you might have a winner if nobody makes full.
Old 06-19-2004, 07:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't know about anyone else, but I would have preferred it if you had presented this hand all at once. I had to go back and check all the other posts, because I didn't remember all of the details of what happened on the previous streets. Hell, I usually can't remember all of the third-street cards by the time sixth street rolls around when I'm actually playing a hand. This really wouldn't have worked in a hold'em forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think he's getting better quality responses this way, if the results have him boned you'd have some people chiming in with "never raise SF hands on third street" and the like. Granted, a run-on thread might also work better...but we need results! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-20-2004, 12:17 AM

I'm getting a distinct impression that you really don't like the way I played this hand. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

CJ
Old 06-20-2004, 12:18 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]