Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 11:11 PM

Default Could I have read this better?

Just two hands...should I have been paying attention more to the hands?

Hand 1
Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Is this raise a bad play in EP?

Preflop: Wada is SB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Wada raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Im betting flop and turn because of top pair with a good kicker.

Flop: (11 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Wada bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button folds.

Turn: (7 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Wada bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

This raise from MP2 threw me off, after seeing results I figured he would have raise on the flop. Is this where I read this wrong? I should have called his raised rather than 3-bet huh?

River: (10 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Wada bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Wada 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP2 caps</font>, Wada calls.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Wada shows Kh Qd (three of a kind, kings).
MP2 shows Jh Kc (full house, kings full of jacks).
Outcome: MP2 wins 18 BB. </font>

Hand 2
Paradise Poker 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Wada is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Wada raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, Wada calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

I bet and once I get raised by UTG Im thinking - hmmm he might have AK due to preflop raise....nahhh he cant have AK. So I 3-bet and he doesnt cap so Im thinking thats good!

Flop: (18 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="CC3333">Wada bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="CC3333">Wada 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls, UTG calls.

Here I raise, thinking that I have a good hand and that even the flush hit maybe I am still safe with a good hand.
Should I have definitely put SB on the flush since since he checks pre-flop and flop but then comes out betting on the turn? Is this a misread on my part? I notice he did not 3-bet me, but only found out as to why he did not after the hand. Since he showed a Q high flush he had to think that I might have had the Ace high flush.

Turn: (14 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Wada raises</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

River: (20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">Wada bets</font>, SB calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 23 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG shows Ah As (two pair, aces and kings).
Wada shows Ks Qh (three of a kind, kings).
SB shows 8c Qc (flush, king high).
Outcome: SB wins 23 BB. </font>
Old 06-17-2004, 12:11 PM

Default Re: Could I have read this better?

anyone? no thoughts?
Old 06-17-2004, 12:23 PM

Hand 1: I think I'd just call the river raise. Looks like a flush and it's gonna suck to call a cap.

Hand 2: On the turn, I don't know. SB calls all those bets on the flop and then bets out instead of c/raising. Hmmm. I think you should call and bet the river if checked to.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: I think I'd just call the river raise. Looks like a flush and it's gonna suck to call a cap.

Hand 2: On the turn, I don't know. SB calls all those bets on the flop and then bets out instead of c/raising. Hmmm. I think you should call and bet the river if checked to.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry I missed this post before, but I agree with bison on both counts.
Old 06-17-2004, 12:32 PM

Hand 1:

Just call in the SB with this. If you were on the button with 3 or 4 limpers, I would still just call with KQo.

If I were MP2, I could put you on JJ, KK, or spade flush draw on flop and flush on turn. There are a lot of hands that beat 2 pair here. (In saying that, If I were MP2, I would have raised the flop to find out).

Other than that, I think you have to fear the flush or boat on the river with the raise. I would have just called the river raise.

Hand 2:

Again, 2 limpers ahead of you. Raising is marginal here w/ KQo. Watch out for the limp/re-raise... Usually AA or KK (rarely AK, but sometimes happens). I don't think you have anything to worry about on the flop... You are beating UTG (can't have KK, probably has AA, and with 3 Kings know, odds are against having AK.).

You played it very nicely.

Didn't see SB betting into you on turn.... I agree w/ bisonbisonbisonbison..... need to think about slowing down to a possible flush.
Old 06-17-2004, 02:22 PM

It is not a hand a raise with, but it is a raisable hand. You would hope a raise would make KJ fold, but it didnt.

For both 1&amp;2, my comments are the same, anytime a player suddenly comes out betting on later streets, I go into calling mode unless I have the nut hand.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You would hope a raise would make KJ fold

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want KJ to fold when you have KQ? (I'm assuming you're talking about preflop)

Hand 1: I wouldn't raise KQo in the SB. You can then checkraise when you hit the flop. I used to raise it though, then decided not to for some reason.

On Hand 2: When someone wakes up like that when the 3rd flush card hits, don't raise, just call.