Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2004, 11:20 AM

Default Gotta Fold KK, Right?

No reads, other than pretty typical party 1/2 table. A few Ax, Kx, non suited calls. Pot gets big, but I need to fold my pocket K's with this action, right? Or do I grit my teeth and see the turn?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (17.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises $2 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds, Button calls, UTG+1 calls.

With the action, and pre-flop capper yet to act, routine fold?

Turn: (11.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
<font color="CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB

Does anyone see the turn in this situation?

Results in white below: <font color="white">
UTG+1 shows 9h Ah (two pair, aces and nines).
UTG+2 shows 8h Ad (two pair, aces and fives).
Button shows Qc Qh (two pair, queens and fives).
Outcome: UTG+1 wins 15.75 BB. </font>
Old 06-16-2004, 11:25 AM

Default Re: Gotta Fold KK, Right?

I wouldn't put much stock in the UTG+2 raise, but it's still forcing you to call two cold. Easy fold.
Old 06-16-2004, 12:00 PM

With 3 others in a capped pot, somebody has the ace. See the turn for 1 bet, but run away for two. Good fold.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:34 PM

Because the second raise was from an "all-in guy", I would have called two bets on the flop and at least seen the turn. UTG+1 could be testing to see if someone else has an Ace. UTG+2 could raise (and probably is raising) because he's tired of playing and just wants to get off the table. We have all seen that more times than we can count.
Old 06-16-2004, 01:42 PM

I think the flop fold is good. You have one pf raiser betting into you and the button who capped pf acting behind you. I wouldn't worry too much about the UTG+2 raise with him being all in but I don't call 2 cold here with the button left to act and an Ace on the board.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:00 PM

Yeah, that was my thought. With the button capper, I was expecting a 3-bet. I guess this was a pretty routine fold, I kind of realized that as I was making the post. But when your running bad, you tend to question even the mundane things.

A few sessions ago, I had pocket Q's, capped preflop, got in the middle of 2 guys that wanted to cap the flop, when a K came down...I folded to when it was 2 bets to me...showdown...one had pocket 9s, the other pocket 10's...ah crap....that's just the way it goes, when your on a 100+ BB slide...