Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Universal SNG results/stats Spreadsheet

Well, as promised in an earlier thread, I have modified my spreadsheet to accomodate any sng buy-in.

Universal Spreadsheet

There may be problems with it still, and I have not implemented all the stats calculations that I want to (yet).

So, anyways, take a look at it and if any of you spot any bugs or errors let me know here. Also, let me know if there are any questions.

Remember, the only fields which should be filled in are the Grey 'Entries' fields. The rest will all happen automatically. (the 25 entries results included are just made up samples and should be deleted)

Any feedback would be appreciated

Regards
Brad S
Old 06-15-2004, 12:45 AM

Default Re: Universal SNG results/stats Spreadsheet

[ QUOTE ]
Well, as promised in an earlier thread, I have modified my spreadsheet to accomodate any sng buy-in.

Universal Spreadsheet

There may be problems with it still, and I have not implemented all the stats calculations that I want to (yet).

So, anyways, take a look at it and if any of you spot any bugs or errors let me know here. Also, let me know if there are any questions.

Remember, the only fields which should be filled in are the Grey 'Entries' fields. The rest will all happen automatically. (the 25 entries results included are just made up samples and should be deleted)

Regards
Brad S

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice work. I have my own that's somewhat similar.

For making running graphs, you can define "names" that use that OFFSET and COUNTA functions to dynamically change the source data as you enter new results.

eastbay
Old 06-15-2004, 01:49 AM

I am excited over a spreadsheet. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] What has poker done to me?

Thanks for putting this up, your work is appreciated. I was far too lazy to do something similar.
Old 06-15-2004, 01:55 AM

Thanks for putting this up. I was trying to figure out how to do this a few months ago but am excel-phobic. This is a big help.

Do you happen to have anything like this for multis? If you don't no biggie I was just curious (not trying to be greedy or anything).

Regards
Old 06-15-2004, 02:15 AM

I'd really love to check it out, Aleo, but it says I don't have permission to download or something. Am I the only one having a problem ? Thanks for all your work we freeloaders enjoy !
Old 06-15-2004, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd really love to check it out, Aleo, but it says I don't have permission to download or something. Am I the only one having a problem ? Thanks for all your work we freeloaders enjoy !

[/ QUOTE ]

I got that when I shift-clicked on it. If I just clicked, it just downloaded automatically.

eastbay
Old 06-15-2004, 05:19 AM

Nice one.

Good job and thanks.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:59 AM

Looks good. I took the one you posted last week and modified it to do a very similar thing.

Out of interest, where is the field Entries!H11 used? (Avg # Simultaneous tourneys')? Can't find a reference to it.

One change I think you could make is to remove the 'day' field (this can be calculated with the WEEKDAY function). Also, I prefer filling in the start and finish time rather than the start and duration (the less maths I have to do the better).

eastbay - could you explain a bit more how the 'running names' thing works, or perhaps give an example? Very interested in how you get that to work.
Old 06-15-2004, 04:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out of interest, where is the field Entries!H11 used? (Avg # Simultaneous tourneys')? Can't find a reference to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Once all the durations are summed, I divide the total by this figure when calculating $/hr. For example, if the total durations of all my tourneys are 1200 minutes, but I play 2 simultaneously (on average), it becomes 600 minutes when figuring hourly rate

[ QUOTE ]
Also, I prefer filling in the start and finish time rather than the start and duration (the less maths I have to do the better).

[/ QUOTE ]

The reason I have it this way is actually so that I can avoid doing math and thinking too much. This is because I just fill in 45 minutes for ALL my tourneys no matter how long they take. I have been more precise in the past, but it just works out to an average anyways and these days I am focusing a lot more on individual tournament profit - And quality of play.

A truly precise spreadsheet would not even ask what the average number of simultaneous tourneys is, but would automatically calculate the actual time played based on start and finish times (as you suggest), ignoring overlap from multiple tourneys. It could also automatically calculate a 'true' average # of simultaneous tourneys.

Regards
Brad S
Old 06-15-2004, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WOW. I should start keeping better notes.