Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Was this played well?

6 12 game in Borgota this weekend (made 17 bb in less than an hour! not too bad)my table image is scary i mean this is an aquariam and im the fish net.

i am utg+3 with Ad5c. All fold to me and I call one other caller and both blinds check.

flop comes down 5d10h3d

blinds check and i bet..all fold excpet small blind.

turn is a 10d i bet and sb calls.

river is 2d i check. sb bets I raise he calls shows down kd7h and I tid with the nut flush.

My questions is two fold

1) Why is a guy calling me down with king high to the river.
2) Was the hand played correctly?
Old 06-14-2004, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Was this played well?

given your description of the table I guess it's ok. Generally about 100% of the time I fold this PF.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
my table image is scary i mean this is an aquariam and im the fish net.

i am utg+3 with Ad5c. All fold to me and I call one other caller and both blinds check.

[/ QUOTE ]

if by fish net you mean one of the fishes then yes you are correct.

[ QUOTE ]
turn is a 10d i bet and sb calls.

river is 2d i check. sb bets I raise he calls shows down kd7h and I tid with the nut flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

something is not right with your position. the sb is THE FIRST person to act on every street regardless of anything. you said all fold to you, well how many folded to you? where are you? i presume you cannot be inbetween the button and the sb and therefore you cannot act before the sb.

in either case post flop you played fine but get rid of this preflop...in that aquarium there are LOTS of better spots to play than a5o. in fact, that argument doesn't matter b/c a5o is -ev any way you look at it imo in a game where people call to the river...you're the one giving them the odds to call. when you see posts of people who are in games where the fish "play any ace" this is what they're talking about...playing an unsuited low kicker ace in a loose fishy game...-ev and easy muck preflop...not to mention the fact you just open limped! especially with a "scary" table image....

[ QUOTE ]
1) Why is a guy calling me down with king high to the river.
2) Was the hand played correctly?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) no, he had a king high diamond draw.

2) i dunno because something wierd is happening with your positional descriptions. since you can't checkraise the sb ill assume you just raised him when he bet on the river and he called and showed his hand. so yea he checks flop you bet. he checks turn, you bet. he bets river, you raise he calls and shows...thats fine postflop play, you're almost certainly good with the middle pair on the flop, td gives you nut flush draw and less likelyhood he has a t and the river you are sitting pretty...fine...

but ditch it preflop.

-Barron
Old 06-14-2004, 10:10 AM

The above posters are correct:

Fold preflop.

Describe the situation better, especially the River which you couldn't've done what you said.

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com
"Nothing Burns Brighter Than Lake Fire"
Old 06-14-2004, 10:11 AM

Baron,

Caller was acutally the button not the SB(sorry for the confusion)My main questions was do you check this river potentialy missing another bet if the button checks as well
Old 06-14-2004, 10:17 AM

you said fishy game. fishy games imply loose callers. if that is not the case then you should qualify your statement of the type of game. against some opponents this is an obvious c-r. against others it was a poor choice..if he's a caller you made a mistake, but not as big a one as playing this hand preflop as you did. fold 100%.

also, it never ceases to amaze me (don't worry you're not the only one) that my name can STILL be spelled wrong after i spell it for people in emails and posts and the like...i even sign off on every single post that i write as follows:

-Barron
Old 06-14-2004, 10:19 AM

I think you are ready to go pro, especially seeing as your hourly rate is over $200 in a 6-12 game. Thats impressive.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:22 AM

Riverman,

I only played for 2 hours on Saturday and made $450 so i was sure my calcutaions were correct. If you need lessons let me know I only charge $50 an hour
Old 06-14-2004, 10:24 AM

Default BARRON?!??!

BVT,

is your name barron? or did you mean baron like the lord. because my name has no meaning. its a variation of baron and barren.

if you're name (first name) is barron you are the only other person i've ever met with the same name.

-Barron
Old 06-14-2004, 10:27 AM

Default Clark has been vindicated

This type of worthless, boring, and thoughtless post is what prompted clark to call out the forum a few weeks ago. He said it then and Ill say it now- dont post on mid-high stakes without having something interesting or thought-provoking to talk about.