Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2004, 03:05 AM

Default Useless empire freeroll

I've already played my 350 hands but no emails and I can't find the tourney's anywhere. Anyone? Frankly I'm probably not gonna bother anyways as I expect the "big" one to have 1000+ people.

Worst. Marketing. Ever.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:35 AM

Default Re: Useless empire freeroll

Yeah, I don't think I'm going to do it either. If I'm at the computer I may open up my table at the start of the tourney and see if I'm the only one there... if so, then maybe. Otherwise, meh whatever.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:50 AM

I don't think it's a bad strategy to come out and just start moving all-in in these things. You either win five hands in a row and build a huge stack, or you close the table and are done with it.

If you try to play them for real, they are interminable, and the payouts don't make it worth it.

-Michael
Old 06-14-2004, 05:17 AM

i think the best strategy is to play 200 hands and not 350+ hands..because everybody wants into the big free roll and not the small one [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2004, 10:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've already played my 350 hands but no emails and I can't find the tourney's anywhere. Anyone? Frankly I'm probably not gonna bother anyways as I expect the "big" one to have 1000+ people.

Worst. Marketing. Ever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just an FYI, from Empire's webpage:

"If qualified, your user name will be up in the relevant Free Roll 24 hours before the event. Check in the tournament lobby, to see on which tournament you qualified.

All you have to do now is to make sure you enjoy the excitement of poker, play enough hands on Monday, and win your seat!!! Registration will be automatically done, and the tournament will be available 24 hours before the event.

Terms and conditions:
EmpirePoker reserves the right to modify the list of entrants as per its sole discretion.
The first 2000 players with most raked hands over the required minimum will enter the tournament.
A player that will qualify for the $3000 FreeRoll will not be registered for the $2000 FreeRoll.
The tournament will appear in the Lobby 24 hours before the event, with the qualified players pre-registered. "

http://www.empirepoker.com/news/index.html

In other words, you are automatically registered for the freeroll for which you are eligible, you can't play in both.

The tourney's won't show up until 24 hours before their start time.
Old 06-14-2004, 05:04 PM

i don't see what's so bad about it.

if you don't like the free-roll then don't play in it.

if you do like it and are hanging out on thursday night and are available than do it.

it's amazing to me how many people complain about free stuff.
'they give me free money but it takes sooooooo long to clear. they suck.'
'i didn't get a an e-mail telling me i'm in the tournament... horrible marketing'

usually if it's free i'm pretty content with whatever. i mean...Free is Free...so if i don't like it than i skip it.

i sometimes play in the paradise WPT-paris and the various UB freerolls just to get some MTT experience and open another table.
some of the UB freerolls seem like better deals than others....and the Stars freerolls are pretty pointless so i skip them.
that doesn't mean i'm complaining about the stars freerolls...i just opt not to play them because i don't like them as much.

remember though, it's 350 RAKED hands....so you probably need to play 400 or more total hands to be safe.

not sure why you expected them to send you an e-mail right away.
some sites might do that but i don't think it's that big of a deal that empire doesn't.

i'll probably be playing in it as i have no other plans on thursday until much later. if something else comes up then i'll skip it.
i'm not going out of my way though....i would be playing that many hands on empire today regardless of the promotion.

i kind of like this better than the $300 for top-40 in June promo just because their VIP system is so screwy that it's difficult for me to compete. although maybe i'll make a comeback in that one...who knows??
Old 06-14-2004, 07:42 PM

If you aren't in the "first 2000 players with most raked hands over the required minimum" for the $3K tourney, can you qualify for the $2K one even though you exceeded the 349 raked hands for it?

In other words, if you played 400 raked hands yet 2000 other people played more than you, will you qualify for the $2k one if you are in the next lot of 2000?
Old 06-14-2004, 07:47 PM

hmmmm....that's a good question.

it looks like you just need 350 hands to qualify....but you actually need to be in the top 2000 players.

my hunch is that they don't expect to get even close to 2k players and that it really isn't anything to worry about.
however, it is something to consider.

we'll see come tourney-time i guess.

i've got more than 350 hands in today and i suspect i'll be playing in the bigger one on thursday.
Old 06-14-2004, 08:12 PM

I received the following response from Empire:[ QUOTE ]
In regards to your query, unfortunately there is nothing that would be possible for you to use it for the forthcoming freeroll tournaments. However, we would certainly appreciate your suggestion and we would forwarded this to the management and see as to what best can be done.

[/ QUOTE ]I'm having a lot of difficulty grasping it. Does anyone understand Party/Empire Support-speak?
Old 06-14-2004, 08:34 PM

re-send e-mail....but add the following line at the beginning.
'please forward to someone who speaks english and understands the content of this e-mail. the last representative from empire to respond to this e-mail clearly did not understand my question and gave a rather non-sensical reply'

while you're at it...send a seperate e-mail explaining that many customers are unhappy with the general lack of service one receives from party/empire and that the problem is usually exaserbated and exaggerated by many of the representatives' difficulties with english.

i'm really not that concerned about the free-roll situation or their answer as to whether or not they expect more than 2k players to qualify.
but, just on general principle, i am sick and tired of their idiot-support not understanding english well enough to help their customers.

if the same freeroll were taking place at stars or paradise and you asked the same question there is no doubt in my mind you would get an immediate answer that actually makes sense.