Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2004, 02:44 PM

Default Two Hands...

3/6 Live (but played like a microlimit game)

Hand 1:

I have AKo UTG and raise. 4 callers including the BB.

Flop comes AcKh7h.

I bet, old man 2 to my left raises, folded back to me, and I make it 3 bets. He makes it 4 and I just call. This reeks of a set of 7's as he wouldn't 4 bet 2 pair or a flush draw, and he would've re raised me PF with Aces or Kings. But I'm not a strong enough player to fold my top two pair even though i'm pretty sure i'm behind.

Turn: 6h

I check, he bets, I call (I do not have the Ah in my hand)

River: 3h

I check, he checks behind. I figure even if I tried to scare him off with a bet on the river, he wouldn't of folded his set. Anyways, he shows me his set of 7's and his hand is good.

Hand 2:

I have TT on the button, 3 limpers, then a rather LAG player to my immediate right raises. I only call. The BB calls, and now UTG+1 raises? He seems to be a solid player, but not tricky enough to have planned his limp reraise. Called back to the guy on my IR who caps it (still not too worried about his hand). I call two more cold, and everyone else calls.

Flop: Td 6d 4h

Checked around to the capper on my immediate right who bets, I only call with the intention of raising the turn (I know, don't slowplay sets with a flush draw out, but I like to live dangerously). BB Calls, limp reraiser now raises, everyone folds to the guy on my IR who only calls. Now I make it 3 bets to go, the BB folds and the other two call.

Turn: 2h

UTG Bets out, player to my IR calls, I raise. Both call.

River: Ks

Checked to me, I bet, both call.

I flip of my set of 10's, UTG shows pocket Aces and the player to my immediate right shows K6o? MHIG.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:19 PM

Default Re: Two Hands...

hand 1: you read him well. next time you can maybe fold to the action with confidence. i guess you have to pay them off now and again to be sure. Nice read.

hand 2: not raising against the flush draw is dangerous, but you had obviously weighed in the risks. Good to see you paying attention to the risks and i guess you know where fault lies if the card had come in.

Nice play, if you ask me...
Regards,
Pete Harris
Old 06-13-2004, 03:25 PM

Default Re: Two Hands...

Yea, a big leak in my game is an inability to fold big hands even though I know i'm beat.