Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 01:02 PM

Default Doh!

So I decide to kill some time last night playing in the Pstars 10 rebuy NLHE tourney...837 players...

I'm playing fairly well, getting lucky etc...Unfortunately, I decided to get overly aggressive on a check raise steal into the nuts and lost half my stack. This put me on semitilt, as I really had good position (45K in chips, about 130 players left, probably in top 45 chipwise). Lesson learned.

I work up to 26K (third smallest at table), 1-2K blinds, 150ante (or was it1500-3000?, can't recall).

All fold to me on Button (or so I believe). I have both the SB and BB covered. I decide to try and steal pot with 7-10. Just a positional play, however as we are down to 85 players (and top 81 get paid), I figure they'll fold. Indeed they do.

However, I didn't see that a MP player had limped in (or raised, I can't recall). Doh! Of course, had I known he had been in the pot (he had well over 70K), I would have folded instantly.

He took his time and called. Turned over AQ and I didn't get lucky.

Anyone else ever do this on line? I'm sure fatigue played a part, but I feel like Homer today.

Manku
Old 06-12-2004, 03:34 PM

Default Re: Doh!

I got you beat in a huge way:

yesterday, I was playing at a live tourney near my work ($20 buy-in/40 players). Blinds were 100/200 I'm UTG with 2,400, and there's some annoying jerk at the table that keeps trash talking everyone on the SB who raises all in with 1k. I have A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] so no prob. Clearly he's trying to steal it, and turns over 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Of course I'm immediately happy/worried because I know that I'm gunna be pissed when that 8 or 6 pops up, which of course it does with a bunch of other junk along with some more self serving trash talking.

down to 1,400

next hand, the same guy on the button checks after I called the blind with my 8 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] so I quickly raise the remaining 1,200 of my chips.

He stands up, trash talks a little and calls. I stand up immediately and turn up my cards. Little do I know, but the BB has yet to act, because he was sort of hiding his cards with his hands, and my cards are immediately called dead. BB calls with TT and I watch as the flop gives me a set which would have beat the jerk who only had 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

alas, it is afterall poker, and the only variable that nobody can controll is human nature. I've won it before, and I'll win it again. I can not, and neither should you, let mistakes like that get to you.