Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2004, 02:04 AM

Default Not sure how to bet this hand correctly

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 18.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 18.50 BB, between Hero, Button and SB.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (18.50 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows Ac As (two pair, aces and nines).
Hero shows 9s Ts (flush, king high).
Button shows 8h 9h (three of a kind, nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 18.50 BB. </font>
Old 06-06-2004, 02:14 AM

Default Re: Not sure how to bet this hand correctly

Ummm...raise the turn?

Edit: Oh yeah, you should either raise this or fold it preflop.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:15 AM

Preflop: Raise or fold. Probably raise, depending on the opponents.
Limping this late, with no limpers in front, will invite raises from the blinds, and you'll have no idea where you're at.

Flop: Seems OK

Turn: You could argue for a raise here.

River: OK
Old 06-06-2004, 02:47 AM

raise pre-flop, raise the turn
Old 06-06-2004, 02:57 AM

Location: \"Let me make it nearly unanimous -- misplayed on every street.\"

If your going to play this pre-flop you need to raise it unless &gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; there is no hope of the SB and BB ever folding. By limping you take away the primary way of winning this hand.

What happen to the old aggression pump on the turn? This is just about the best overall card thing that could happen for you. You are slight favorite on the flop and now you are ahead "oh" just about every time and likely to get 3 bet. In low limit play I jam when I'm ahead because people just don't want to believe. They will call. When you hit 20/40 we can start talking about hiding our hands.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero calls, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise preflop.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good.

[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (6.50 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you click the wrong button? RAISE!!!

[ QUOTE ]
River: (12.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Good. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2004, 03:32 AM

I actually did mean to raise the turn but pressed the wrong button. That was dumb on my part. Thanks for the preflop advice. I think I still play a bit too weak, but this forum is definitely helping.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I actually did mean to raise the turn but pressed the wrong button

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for clearing that up, as I think everybody who has read your post said "WTF?" out loud when they read your turn action.
Old 06-06-2004, 03:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think everybody who has read your post said "WTF?" out loud when they read your turn action.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup - then my mom walked in to ask what all the commotion was about. I showed her and she said "WTF?" too. Glad to hear it was the wrong button. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2004, 11:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did you click the wrong button? RAISE!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I actually did mean to raise the turn but pressed the wrong button.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great read Warik!