Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2004, 07:33 AM

Default OJ angry with Nicole

O.J. Talks...10 Years Later

"I am angry with her [Nicole]. I am angry that she found herself hanging out with this group of--who are these people?"
Old 06-05-2004, 11:28 AM

Default Re: OJ angry with Nicole

One of the great travesties of our time. The incompetent prosecution in the criminal case couldn't find evdience that he owned those "ugly-ass" shoes he denied owning that were determined to have been at the crime scene. Yet the civil case attorneys were able to find dozens of picture of him wearing them. Why would an innocent man sign a suicide note and attempt to flee with a disguise and $10,000 in cash? The limo driver almost had him; he just couldn't remember if OJ's car was there when he arrived at his house. Most likely he couldn't remember becuase it wasn't there; OJ arrived from the murder scene after the limo driver. And there was the actual eye-witness, who had seen OJ en route back to his house from the murder, but sold her story to the Enquirer and wasn't used by the prosecution (who also didn't use the attempted escape in their case).
Old 06-05-2004, 11:34 AM

Reminds me of the time Sirhan Sirhan was up for parole and he stated the Bobby Kennedy would probably support paroling him.

Just his luck. The one guy who would come to his defense and , whoah, he killed him. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 06-05-2004, 11:39 AM

The OJ case was proof that American justice is not race-biased. It proved that if you have money, you can get away with murder no matter what color you are.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
"I am angry with her [Nicole].

[/ QUOTE ]

This understandable. I mean, let's face it--she got stabbed a bunch of times and nearly decapitated.

Who WOULDN'T be pissed??!

What sort of thing is this for him to say, if he's actually innocent? I don't know a soul on the Earth who would do anything but weep, wring hands, gnash teeth, pray, and weep some more if a person they loved had been brutally butchered in such a horrible way.

His moronic statement doesn't even pass the smell test in the context of a "tough love" statement (i.e. "I'm mad at Bobby for killing himself," etc.).

I guess he's just so wrapped up in his investigation into the murders that he momentarily lost his focus and perspective.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:02 PM

Well he didn't get away with it in the civil case. But I guess that's because the Goldman family had the money to hire top-gun lawyers.

Race did indeed play a role in his acquittal in the criminal case. The jury deliberated only a couple of hours after a trial that lasted months. Polls consistently showed that African-Americans thought he was innocent by an overwhelming margin, while whites thought just the opposite by the about the same numbers (I believe 80-20 or so).

My son is LAPD, but the department has a long history of treating blacks with contempt, to say the least. So it was understandable for blacks in L.A. to see the case as one of "us vs. them."
Old 06-05-2004, 01:04 PM

Chris Rock says OJ is indeed looking for the "real" killers. Apparently, says Rock, he expects to find them either on a golf course or in some white woman's titties.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Race did indeed play a role in his acquittal in the criminal case. The jury deliberated only a couple of hours after a trial that lasted months.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of the most amazing things I saw after this was the one juror on Oprah, saying again and again how the "glove would have had more blood all round it. It was obviously planted."

This was something she apparently came up with on her own, as it was not anything brought up at trial.

What could be more clear than this?

She wanted so badly to acquit, that she made the evidence fit.
Old 06-05-2004, 01:26 PM

"Well he didn't get away with it in the civil case."

I think he did.

"Since families of the murder victims were awarded $33.5 million in damages in 1997, Simpson and his children have retreated into seclusion, living near Miami on a $4 million pension that is exempt from civil court judgments."

link
Old 06-05-2004, 01:35 PM

I don't think that Fred Goldman really wanted the money, but rather some sort of solace in a conviction for the man he believed killed his son.