Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-04-2004, 02:27 PM

Default Never seen anything like it

PokerStars $2/$4 typical table. I have a rough night, but my post is about the guy 2 seats from me. I played 324 hands with him last night. According to pokertracker, he was ahead $393.50 for the session- ~$1.21 per HAND played, or almost 100 big bets for the session. I have literally never seen anything like it. He was obviously a good player, but holy mother of GOD did he catch a lot of cards.

Anyone else seen (or even better) played a session like this? My best ever was just under 50 BB at a B&M game.
Old 06-04-2004, 02:31 PM

Default Re: Never seen anything like it

In a 3-6 B&M, I saw a decent player catch cards like James Bond for 4 hours. Set over set, flush over flush two or three times per hour. I think he made $350+ or so. This is B&M, so say 60-ish BB over 160 hands.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:11 PM

Yeah I've had a couple sessions where I can do no wrong. (it's kind of fun [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]) I think my biggest session is about 75 BB in about an hour. (I wish I hadn't left that table so soon!)

I've seen plenty of others experience sessions like that too and most of them weren't even "good". Their rags just kept hitting the board. At first you think to yourself "man I wish I had that seat" until you realize that you wouldn't have played ANY of the hands that that clown was winning with.

I see many sessions where it just seems that one person sat down in the right seat and just terrorizes the table. There is another seat that just gets brutalized and the rest of the table just kind of watches the show with a little win here and a little loss there. I know this is pure imagination, but it's what it looks like sometimes and I really hate being in that "other" seat.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:29 PM

Not close to 100 BB, but had one B&M session of +68 BB in 3 hours.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
At first you think to yourself "man I wish I had that seat" until you realize that you wouldn't have played ANY of the hands that that clown was winning with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I saw this clown at the Borgata last weekend...no matter what he held...he held it to the river and caught every time.

Can be frustrating, welcome to poker eh? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-04-2004, 04:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He was obviously a good player,

[/ QUOTE ]

Never let someone's results influence your opinion of their play. The quoted statement is completely untrue if your only evidence is his stack.

I once saw a horrible player rack up 5k+ in a 20/40 game. He is a significant donator who plays nearly 60-80% of his hands pre-flop and is also slightly agressive. That night he was probably playing 90% of his hands.
Old 06-04-2004, 04:51 PM

I had a +$70 hour playing a party .50/1 tables. A bb a hand!

I saw a guy win $900 in probably 6 hours of 3-6 b&m (while I took $300). He hit buckets of straights and barrells of 2prs. There were some horrendously awful players there.
Old 06-04-2004, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He was obviously a good player,

[/ QUOTE ]

Never let someone's results influence your opinion of their play. The quoted statement is completely untrue if your only evidence is his stack.

I once saw a horrible player rack up 5k+ in a 20/40 game. He is a significant donator who plays nearly 60-80% of his hands pre-flop and is also slightly agressive. That night he was probably playing 90% of his hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

It wasn't just his stack, it was how he played. He wasn't playing rags and rivering people, he was holding good cards that improved to great hands. If a flop missed him, he got out cheaply. If he hit it, he punished anyone trying to muscle him out or outdraw him. He was relentlessly aggressive in the right spots. I don't know if he was an expert or not, but he was definitely a cut above the normal fishies.

To contrast- there was a guy next to him who played 60%+ of the pots, and raised 17% of the time. He dragged a few large pots with crap, but it didn't take long to figure him out. He left A LOT of money at the table.
Old 06-04-2004, 08:18 PM

My best $3/6 session from PT:
Minutes: 96
Hands: 111
Won: $237.50 ($2.10/hand)
BB/hr: 24.74

I left because the table maniac ran out of money, but early on, when he had plenty of it, I took him for a $165 pot (105 of it profit) and a couple of others that were also pretty big. I only wish it could've kept going another hour [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]