Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2004, 02:47 AM

Default game selection and 2+2ers

Do you take a seat with a 2+2er at it? Would you expect other 2+2ers to not join a game with you in it? I mean just normal 2+2ers not someone like Soda who will just suck the money out of your and other player's pocket like magic.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:49 AM

Default Re: game selection and 2+2ers

I will play if there is only 1 other 2+2er in it, I won't play if there are 2. I don't mind if other 2+2ers sit down, as it usually helps me to focus.

If it gets down to 3 or 4 handed, I won't play if one of them is a 2+2er.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:55 AM

I would recommand sitting at a SH table anytime there is 1 fish there, and not to avoid a table even if soda and his 10BB an hour is at it. Of course once he goes broke you'd probably want to get up.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:08 AM

Not sure if I know someone is a 2+2er, and I if I knew I normally dont care. Its more fun to play against good players, they nail you just like you like to nail others.

If the table is a mix of good and tight but not so good players I normally leave. Got nothing to do with if they are 2+2ers.

I think the worst players to play against are the good ones that are a bit 2 aggressive. If you could focus on one table and make a more exact read of their style you can take them down in the long run, but if you play multiple, you better leave.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:25 AM

i rush to a table that has 1/2 2+2ers on it - nothing social about it - they have probably already done my table selection work for me

mostly though i like playing at a table where i have a firm grip on a couple of players - thats not to say i have a bigger than usual expectation of getting thier money - it just makes playing the game easier and i suspect more profitable

stripsqueez - chickenhawk
Old 06-02-2004, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i rush to a table that has 1/2 2+2ers on it - nothing social about it - they have probably already done my table selection work for me

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL! You're awsome stripsqueez, but this logic is horrendous.

Oh look, Phil Ivey, Johnny Chan, Doyle Brunson and Howard Lederer are all at the same table, and Gus Hansen is on the waiting list. These guys are all smart players, so there must be an uber fish at that table. I'll hop right in!
Old 06-02-2004, 04:47 AM

I would take a seat even if there is a table full of 2+2ers.

I want to learn how to play fine with all kind of players - i believe it's some kind of ultimate goal:-). That's why i never search for tables with fishes. I choose the 1 free table everytime. I understood that even if i win in average against good ones- it's not too much as when i facing LAGs or something, but playing against smart players is more educational i believe.

And i just try to claim my goodness. Often good players will leave at a short time, when noticed that they play near zero EV. If they don't leave for a long time - than i'm not too good and need to learn something more:-)
Old 06-02-2004, 05:02 AM

Sitting at a table w/ Soda is just bankroll suicide, of course. Other than him, I don't really care who is in the game. Ideally there are one or two known LAGs seated, in which case I may even sit in a game with Soda, but probably not. Even I'm not that crazy.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:04 AM

Who is this misterious Soda? Any materials on/from him?
Old 06-02-2004, 05:34 AM

I hear he's 8 feet tall, plays 12 games at once, and is 'involved' with bank tellers.

-Diplomat