Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2004, 01:33 PM

Default Poker Table Cover

Has anybody tried this product?

Apparently you get a pad and cloth with some sort of cinching device to pull it tight over your table.

I'm a little suspicious about the quality/ease of use, but if it works as advertized, it would be very convenient.

Anybody bought this?

- Matt

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=6100212540

Old 06-01-2004, 02:07 PM

Default Re: Poker Table Cover

I have one...it works well. Good quality cloth and construction, and the cards slide great. It doesn't cinch as tight as I would like it, but I think that's due to my rectangular table (and the fact that it's 88" long). My buddy has one on an oval table and says it's nice and tight. I compensate by running some elastic bands underneath.

You could save a few bucks by making one yourself, but if you're lazy and/or sewing challenged like me, this is a good deal. The rest of the guys in my home game love it.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:27 PM

I have one also. Very good deal for the money. Well constructed and the material they use works great. It is not, however, a felt-like fabric. Look closely at the photo. It is some sort of synthetic... polyester? I don't know, but cards slide nice and it holds up well. I'm very pleased with my custom cover.
Old 06-01-2004, 05:48 PM

Thanks for the replies, guys...

Have either of you washed them (they claim to be washable)? Did it affect the quality of the fabric?

Also, could I buy a cover for a big table and also use it on a smaller table? In other words, could I cinch it up a little more to fit on the smaller table?
Old 06-01-2004, 07:35 PM

I have not washed mine yet, but it looks like it should hold up ok. It's not felt-like, so it shouldn't fuzz or fray at all.

If your two tables are similar in shape, you could probably use it on both...you'll have more fabric overhang on the small table, so the table legs could get in the way if you have to cinch it a lot more.