Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2004, 06:05 PM

Default Stop and go with the straight draw only

This is an interesting way to play against the more aggressive players in this game. It worked out nicely this time.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter

Preflop: samdash is BB with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, Button folds, SB folds, samdash checks.

Flop: (2.40 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">samdash bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, samdash calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players) </font>
<font color="CC3333">samdash bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 4.20 BB
<font color="#990066">Main Pot: 3.20 BB, won by samdash.</font>
<font color="#990066">Pot 2: 1 BB, overbet by samdash.</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
No showdown. samdash wins 4.20 BB. </font>
Old 05-29-2004, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Stop and go with the straight draw only

another title for the post could be "the semi-bluff succeeds!" Reminds me of an article written by Rolf Slotbloom (believe thats how you spell his name) in the most recent issue of cardplayer. Granted, his opposition was probably a little tougher.
Old 05-30-2004, 01:13 AM

Hi samdash, I'm sure this play is losing you money. Any thoughts to check folding or check calling the turn, or did you think UTG was semi-bluffing as well? I would imagine that you will be getting raised far more often than you can steal a pot.
Actually foget the last questions and answer me this: What do you do if a Jack falls?
Best Regards,
book
Old 05-30-2004, 04:22 AM

Check calling the turn would probably be a mistake. It would depend on whether or not the Jack was an out, and how much action you were likely to get if you make your hand. If I chose to lead out, I would probably just call the raise and check the turn, but it would depend on the oppenent. I think that flop is gonna hit an UTG limper a lot of time, and once raised, I would tend not to keep pushing this one.